close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fulton, NY Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, May 31, 2002.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Folks, post your comments here.:)

2. Front Sight

Front Sight Front Sight

The weather was beautiful a little breezy but nothing we couldn't handle. I went in the afternoon the sun made those sights really stand out on the G17 and the G34. Only had 3 shots that got away from me all day, but they did find the 5 ring :( . I'll take the G30 out tomorrow and try it in the compact and major sub classes.

3. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

The GSSF Match at Fulton was "TOTAL FUN in the Sun"! Two beautiful, SUNNY days albeit breezy (it was a little cooler on Sunday). So breezy, the pepper poppers had some trouble staying up in the wind!

Scott, Diane and Mark did a FANTASTIC job running a great match (as usual). Hosting Club Match Director Gary Thompson of Pathfinder Fish and Game, did a wonderful job keeping all the RO's happy and motivated. The RO's at Fulton sure worked well together ... a friendly and hard working crew!

Gary's son, Robbie "Mr. Guitar and Computer Guru" Thompson helped out the entire weekend... he's just like his Dad, a very cool dude and overall nice guy. Thanks Robbie!

I can not forget to mention Nick Blaney, 9 years old, Mr. Charmer! He helped his Dad, Tony Blaney on 5TG the entire weekend and helped us tear down the stages after the match... what an outstanding young person Nick is! THANKS Nick!

It's young people like Robbie and Nick that makes the future of Shooting Sports great.

I did not hear any complaints, I RO'd one of the plate racks most of the weekend. My Plate Stage RO compatriots (Fran Carlin, Dan Cignarale, Toni Dragotta, Todd Kelsey, Sam Knight) kept things moving along. We also had mucho fun together the whole weekend. One of the rewards of RO'ing is meeting new shooters and seeing old friends!

It was great seeing David Sevigny at the match, showing his "awesome stuff" on the plates.

There was a vision impaired shooter, Thomas Antos, that shot the match. He downed 21 out of 24 plates with the help of GSSF MD Scott Gilbertson!

I met Romano and Stacey (Canadian version of "Starsky and Hutch") and the whole Canadian Crew... what a GREAT bunch of people they are! And they can all shoot too! We certainly want them on our side! They say Canadians are so friendly... what an understatement.

I've got digital pics that I'll try to post later.. hope it works...

4. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

What A BACK-STOP!!! This back stop is one most range masters dream of... and it's real! in Upstate New York, Pathfinder Fish & Game.

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

The CanadianGlockers! and Match Director and RO's!

Do they look like they can shoot or what? To my new friend Romano, thanks for the very cool Pin!

In the front row from left to right: Stacey 'CanandianGlockFan' Cherwonak, Romano Brun Del Re, Jose Rodrigues, and Paul Pilon.

In the back row from left to right: GSSF Match Director Scott Gilbertson, Dan 'Cigna63' Cignarale, and Fran Carlin.

6. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here's a great picture...RO's bonding with their new favorite GSSF Registration person, Diane! Diane came around the stages frequently throughout the day to collect the completed score sheets and was nice enough to pose for this picture with the RO's from 5TG during a lull in the action. Back row: Henry Bick, Nathan Thomas, Ted Firnstien, Brad Rietz. Front row: Robbie Thompson, Gary Thompson, Diane (GSSF), Nick Blaney.

We want to see Diane at more East Coast matches! What a personable Gal! Are Georgian people always so friendly and personable? I say yes... from Vicki, Jackie and now Diane... what a track record they set for ladies from Georgia!

Oh, that kid next to Diane is Nick "The Charmer" Blaney (9 years old)... is he a CHARMER or what?

The other youngster (far left, front row) is Robbie "Mr. Guitar and Computer Guru" Thompson. This kid is going to be a leader like his dad. He's next to his father Gary Thompson, match director from hosting club, Pathfinder Fish & Game.

7. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Look who's actually doing 'grunt' work... I think Scott shoots his Glock better than he paints plates... Scott, uh... the plate rack bar should be BLACK and the white paint should stay on the PLATE!!! ;f ;f ;f

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

"Glock He Plates".. this is the "French" version of "Glock The Plates"... oh, that's me with my favorite Sidearmor hat! Not that I want you to feel sorry for me or anything but yes, that is blood on my forearm... injury suffered from a splash back from the left plate rack while I was RO'ing the right plate rack... Safety Glasses a Good Idea? Yes, definitely! That little piece of schrapnel drew blood as soon as it hit.

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Shooter Thomas Antos "in action"! at the 2002 GSSF Match in Fulton, NY... check out this awesome Glock Shooter. FYI, Thomas is vision-impaired and is UNDAUNTED in shooting his Glock 34 at six 8" plates from 11 yards away! He and GSSF Match Director Scott Gilbertson were quite a team putting down 21 out of 24 plates over the four strings of fire. You think us non-vision impaired shooters have a challenge? Try doing what Scott and Thomas did! Way to go guys!

Oh, also do notice the 'hunky' RO's helping to keep things in the proper order... hee, hee... The RO with the clipboard is my buddy Dan Cignarale (Cigna63)... he's a Glock 21 afficionado like me! ;f ;f ;f ;f

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Shooter Sid Gent... is this guy 'lazy' or what? Shooting the "Glock The Plates" stage sitting down? Why, I've never heard such a thing! Actually, Sid just had his leg operated on but does that keep him from shooting the GSSF Match in Fulton, NY? NO WAY! Us New Yorkers are pretty tough and determined... not even crutches will keep Sid away from shooting his favorite firearm in one of the funnest matches around. Sid, I'm sorry, but there is no category called "Stock-Butt-Meister"... you'll just have to shoot in Amateur-Civilian or StockMeister Category. Thanks to his friends Mike Tillotson and Brian Aube for 'dragging' Sid out to play!

Oh, yes, I must tell everyone that the RO that's helping Sid is my friend Fran Carlin. He's always been told by the ladies that he's got GREAT Legs... well, I still have "no comment" on them.

11. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Oops... pic not attached... skip forward two postings... THANKS Fireglock!

12. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Have you been talking to DTOM? It's a stealth photo! :)

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here's my good friend Toni Dragotta using a Glock 17 at the match.

The RO helping Toni is another of my good friends, Bert Mealus, NY ICORE Champion... Notice the wind indicator hanging out of Bert's left back pocket... it gives you some idea of the wind conditions at times throughout the match. Of course, Bert will put that indicator away during "whitetail" season, right Bert?

Bert tried to talk someone into letting him use his favorite ICORE firearm in the match... but Bert, I'm sorry, "No whimpy firearms made entirely out of old-fashion materials (i.e., non-polymer) are allowed in GSSF matches"... they just won't "fit in".;f ;f

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I told Host Club Match Directory Gary Thompson about the "French" version of "Glock He Plates" and Gary told me that he would fix the sign right away... but to please take a picture of him with the sign so he can send it to his Grandmother in France!

"GSSF Tres bien",
    "Mon Glock 17, Si vous-plait",
    "Il ne fait rein",
    "Bon voyage Messiure Bond",
    "Vous voulez-mange le leg de bullfrog?"

are all Frenchy terms I learned from Gary this weekend... p.s., this picture was taken the morning after our Saturday night Party with lotsa yeast-generated beverages and bullfrog legs (freshly flown in from South Africa and Central Australia) at the Holbrooke Inn (just down the road from the range)!

It's amazing how Gary seems to look so 'sharp' even after the robust celebration of a successful first day of the match the night before. It's great to have the restaurant and bar as part of the hotel.

Will this guy ever look his age???;f ;c ;c ;a ;f ;c ;c ;b ;e

15. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Sam Knight and Cigna63 RO's "Gone Wild" at Fulton, NY...

Video is coming soon at a website near you...

I just got done with a bunch of customers on the right side of the "Glock The Plates" bay so I took this picture for my fellow GT'rs during the lull.

16. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Frank,

Great photos and reporting. Don't forget to take your camera to NJ.:)

17. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Sure thing Coach!:cool:

18. CanadianGlockFan

CanadianGlockFan

It was a beautiful day, and a lot of fun. We'd also like to say thanks again to all the RO's who were running the match; they made it go nice and smooth, even though we all (4 shooters) had to share 2 pistols between us. A club near us is trying to get permission to run a Glock match here soon, and if it's anything like what you guys put on, it'll be a great success. Thanks again, and what a beautiful range (we all shoot trap and skeet too, and couldn't believe the nice set-up that Pathfinder's has).

19. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Frank;
    Just let me second "Coach's" comments. Thanks for posting some great pictures. For those of us who couldn't make it to Fulton this is the next best thing. Sure looks like some beutiful country side.

20. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Thanks Don@PC!

Here's another pic of the action at Fulton this weekend!

What teamwork! in this pic... shows what can be done when fellow Glocker's get together.