close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fulton, NY 2012 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jul 7, 2012.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here.:wavey:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  2. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

We just walked in, it rained.

I will share what pictures I have tomorow. I really did bad. I got confused going from major sub to sub and in Sub only sent out 1 shot to each target .Man that hurt .How dumb to you have to be to do that. Well I did it twice.I may have switch to heavy metal to avoid this in the future.

I seen Jason L and man did he get fast

I also ran into wayloss and his wife and I am interested in finding out how they did

3. Jason L

Jason L

10 hours of driving.....3 minutes of shooting, life is good Bro's :supergrin:. Always a pleasure to see Larry and his crew, He should be Glocks ambassador of sportsmanship. Got there at 12:30, no pre-register and no line. Rain stoped sun peaked out, started shooting about 1:30. No line at G'M, Little wait for plates, and no line for 5toG, breezed in and out. Good job by the club and friendly RO's. Saw the Die Hard NJ Glockers doing their rounds, and Patrick from Mass. always has good stories. Hope everyone had fun, and good luck Sunday.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  4. Wayloss

Wayloss

Well to preface I worked the Overnight shift before the event. the Mrs. Picked me up at work at 0600. We went to breakfast and were on the road to Fulton by 0745 and arrived shortly after 0900. We registered without a problem..then the rain came... waited out a good squall then headed over to the competition area. We met misunderestimated and chatted briefly, signed in on our stages. As suggested went to the field of steel to help with the Jitters. Knocked down all 24 with 30rds and felt good.
    Moved down and had a big wait for Glock'M (5 to glock was equally jammed up) and we wanted to save the plates for last.

Finally I get called up...Jitters are back a couple deep breaths, it's raining and the damn bags make it tough. The RO let me sight in the course... First up was my Gen4 17, I made ready and ran the first string. Then it dawned on me that we were not resetting the poppers between strings (big DUH moment) and knew my flow would be screwed up on the next two strings, and my 3rd string was the fastest witha 9.08 run.

Next I brought out my G30 My times were on par with the 17 but I shanked one... BOO

Wife went next, she had a dud round and tap rack banged right through it getting praise from bystanders for not letting it throw her.

Next we went for lunch. nom nom nom

We came back and he skies cleared, waited for 5 to glock, perhaps it was the excess caffeine I consumed at lunch or fate. Did okay with the 17, 1 Mike on a short target, I know that shot, I remember rushing and the dot was not fully in the U.
    Then came the mess that was my G30....! GROWL! 5mikes all on the 75ft. RO and my wife identified I was bailing out and pulled them low, have the video to prove I was leaning way back.
    Glock the Plates was fun, The 30 did well, had one sub 9 second run as my best. Screwed myself on my first G30 string as I forgot to load the 11th round, and left 1 plate standing.

Altogether we both had fun and have plenty of room for improvement. We did have fun chatting with pat from Mass.

[ame]http://youtu.be/sEm_PCUPTqg[/ame]

5. SARDG

SARDG

Someone said that misunderestimated is a true ambassador of the sport - seems to be.

Remember, well executed tap-racks are commendable in some action shooting sports like IDPA and can be life-saving in self defense... but are unnecessary at all in GSSF as any stoppage at all, for nearly ANY reason whatsoever, will (should) result in the RO awarding the shooter a reshoot if the shooter chooses.

From GSSF Shooter Lingo in The Glock Report:
    Tap / Rack: Method used to recharge your pistol, usually
    to remedy a malfunction. This usually happens when a
    competitor fails to seat the magazine fully and thus a round
    is not chambered. Competitor, with his/her finger off the
    trigger, “taps” the bottom of the magazine to seat it and
    pulls/”racks” the slide to the rear to successfully chamber a
    round. In GSSF matches, malfunctions usually result in reshoots
    so malfunction clearances under time are somewhat
    moot

From the GSSF RO Guide:
    IF THERE IS A MALFUNCTION FOR ANY REASON,
    INCLUDING RELOADED AMMO, “OPERATOR ERROR”,
    OR OTHER REASON, COMPETITOR GETS ONE RESHOOT.

6. Wayloss

Wayloss

Odd they did not do that... and as newbs did not ask.

7. SARDG

SARDG

As has been discussed before on this forum, many of the GSSF ROs are not necessarily GSSF shooters and don't actually know all the rules. That's why it behooves shooters to study and learn the GSSF rules AND the GSSF RO guides available online.

The rules are your friend! I am an absolute gamer and use every single rule to my advantage. If following a rule and insisting that an RO follow a rule can shave a second or 2 off my time - I'll take it.

There is at least one good reason why a shooter may not want or accept a reshoot - not enough ammo. That's why I bring a minimum of 300 rounds for every Division I plan to shoot - 107 rounds needed max, 150 recommended, and double that for good measure. (If I'm shooting 6 Divisions, I will have at least 2,000 rounds with me - it's great ballast and keeps the truck on the ground. :))

Check this thread for some RO discussion and a link to the RO Guide.
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1429023

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  8. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

you know that tap----rack--
    just might move you into a position where you win a random.

9. SARDG

SARDG

That's true... because if you take the time to tap-rack on the clock, you won't likely place.

10. Micromedic

Micromedic

......had a long post but the internet ate it! :(
    Here's most of it...
    Fulton was our first shooting competition. Overall, Wayloss (my better half) and I had a great time and learned some valuable lessons from our first competition.

Lesson 1: Bring rain gear including towels, ponchos/umbrellas and a change of clothes - You never know what mother nature will throw at you. There was a less than 20% chance of rain forecasted for the day and we got poured on!
    Lesson 2: Bring something to sit on - We ended up doing a lot of standing around waiting and our feet were very tired and sore by the time we were done.
    Lesson 3: Always load to the allowed capacity - Sometimes you need that 11th round!
    Lesson 4: I forgot who said it, but it's so true. "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast..." - I'm definitely still working on that one...
    Lesson 5: Know the rules - They just might work to your advantage as in the case of my tap, rack. While this hiccup didn't actually change the overall outcome this time around, it's good to know.

11. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Lesson 6: Read the "More Tips 2003" stickie in this forum.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  12. winder12

winder12

Needed to slow down a little and get a better sight picture. At least no misses.

13. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Kitty, only 3 people place

14. SARDG

SARDG

That's correct... everyone else is in random-land.

15. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

like I said the error might push you into a win.

16. PM720

PM720

Well, so far for me it has been a lovely place. No guns yet but doing OK. I even got a Glock T-shirt at the indoor match. I was hoping for a knife though. :crying::rofl:

Scott

17. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Wayloss and Micromedic
    Nice to meet both of you guys and a nice reports from both of you and I hope you had a good time. The hardest part is behind you now that the mystery is over

Jason thanks for the kind words.I still cant believe you did all that driving by yourself. Do you know you shot the entire event in less time then it took us to shoot the plates.I forgot to mention the Jersey Glockers they are always setting the good example of pasting targets.

I do not think I met Patrick from Mass yet

18. Wayloss

Wayloss

Just listen for the "Mass" accent ;-)

19. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

I am pretty sure me and Jason were the only ones with no accent