Fulton, NY 2003 Photo Galery

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, May 31, 2003.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your photos here.:cool:

2. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

OK Frank I want to see all the MUD after all the rain that fell on Saturday ;P and I'm so glad that GlockMom and I passed for this weekend :)

3. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hi Coach and Sniper (and forumites)...

I am sick of water... and wind... and cold... IN JUNE! It was an uncanny timing of the weather... There was no sun to be seen for two full days (Saturday morning all the way till Sunday 3:00 PM). We (the RO's and Gary) were all sitting in the clubhouse with the Glock/GSSF Staff: Chris Edwards, Mark Doneburgh and David Sevigny... after the match was closed and the stages torn down.. then the SUN came out!

There wasn't a torrential downpour like what has been known to happen in the Swamp-Thing of Central Jersey but it was that yucky, misty, damp drizzle with a very GRAY day type of climate... do you know what I mean? This drizzle on Saturday ended with a heavy rain about when the match closed down (3 PM). My travelling companions and I spent most of the time after dinner slurping Apple Cider Wine that my buddy BOOMER bought from his home-brewery and hair drying our Glock Pistols, Mags, ammo and gear. Sunday was more of the same but a twist.. the wind picked up and a cold front came. Made it hard to shoot with frigid fingers and who thinks of bringing gloves to a match on June 1st?

I did not take as many pics as I normally do since I was manning the Timer and making sure competitors had a Safe and Fun match... but I did take some pics on Sunday after my duty was done at the Glock Plates stage... Boomer, Toni and I went to shoot the side match...

I have to tell people about the best side match I've shot in a Glock/GSSF match (no offense to past side-matches but this one was REALLY challenging but fun to shoot)! The Mastermind of this stage is Ted Firnstien from Pathfinder Fish & Game Club (host club for the GSSF match this weekend).

The side match was called Glock Poker... you start with 11 rounds in your gun at low-ready (just like GSSF stage) and on signal shoot as many cards on the paper targets and the steel plates in 10.0 seconds (the timer is set on PAR TIME). For each plate you knock down, you get a card from the deck of cards towards your poker hand. For each actual card on the paper targets you hit, you get THAT card towards your poker hand. You need a minimum of five cards to make a poker hand and whoever has the best poker hand of the day wins! Of course, if you are very good and shot more than five cards for your hand, you take the best five cards and throw the extras away.

Here's the pic of the side match stage showing the gloomy day that was indicative of the weather during the match:

4. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here are the best "Glock Poker" hands for the day so far (see pic):

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Picture of a close up of one of the targets of the "Glock Poker" side-match stage with:

Nick "The Nickster" Blaney,
    Ted "Mastermind" Firnstien,
    Darryl "Boomer" Lapp

Darryl worked as Stackmaster and RO for the Plate stages all weekend.. he has only shot three GSSF matches and was ready and willing to volunteer to help at this Fulton Match (his 3rd match)! Darryl worked hard - Sunday, he didn't even break for lunch so we can put shooters through.

Ted is a key person in keeping the Fulton Club running smoothly. Ted is an assistant MD

Nick kept things running smoothly as well helped Gary Thompson (host club MD) as assisstant MD. Yes, he looks young but Nick's probably got more match directing experience than ALOT of people shooting!

Nick was kind of disappointed... he was hoping that Diane from GSSF would be at the match (do a search for last year's Fulton GSSF Match report)... David is super-Cool but to Nick, he's no Diane! :);e

THANK YOU to all the RO's for their tremendous dedication!

6. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

CHECK out this hit from Boomer's 10mm Glock 20! One 180 grain Berry's CCLAD Bullet... TWO cards towards Boomer's Poker Hand!

Nice shot Boomer!

7. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Boomer reviewing his poker cards with Ted looking on... you have to beat 4 Kings... so far only a pair of 5's...

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here are some drenched RO's that made things happen... can you believe they are still smiling after a full weekend of wet and miserably cold weather?

;c;c;c Cheers to all the people that worked the match.. oh, and Kool-aid for Nick:)

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Host Club Match Director for the Fulton GSSF match, Gary Thompson with his daughter Amanda and his son Robbie... Great family and all highly-involved in the shooting sports!

This pic is missing Amanda's twin sister Loretta... Loretta took off right before I had a chance to take this picture, oh well... maybe next year.

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

The Young and Quick, The Wise, The Boss, The Wild... can you tell who is who? SEE PIC BELOW!

It has become such a defacto-standard now for GSSF matches to be professionally-executed (just like GSSF results coming out within four to five days) that we certainly don't want to forget that it's Glock/GSSF people like Chris Edwards, Mark Doneburgh and David Sevigny that make it all happen. THANK YOU GLOCK!

If only they can help me shoot better, faster and more consistently... then THAT would be a FEAT!

Another person that needs to be mentioned is Gary "The Wild" Thompson... he has been the Host Club MD for all the GSSF matches at Pathfinder Fish & Game... GARY THOMPSON... you're the MAN!

GARY - Please POST your pics!!!

Regards,
    LoveGlocks

11. THE VOID

THE VOID

Isn't that Dale Jarrett in the black shirt (no hat)? Was that Saturday? He should have been racing on Sunday.

Dayton

12. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Dayton -

He's "the Wise"... we call him Yoda... he flies HELICOPTERS but he drives an IMPALA like he's Dale Jarrett!

13. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

SORRY Frank but Jarrett drives a FORD Tortous ;f ;f GlockMom has the IMPALA :) or as we call the Cop Car (Say it like the Blues Brothers)

14. Team Greenbaum

Team Greenbaum Millennium Member

That is very cool! I think we'll try that the next time our group hits the range.