Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new, never fired G30S. The pistol came with 2 10 round magazines. If I load 10 rounds into the magazines, they will not "lock" in the gun with the slide closed (unless I use ALOT of force). If I load only 9 rounds, they lock in place perfectly.

What should I do??

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
Shoot the crap out of it. Until it hurts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, well I can certainly "shoot the crap out of it", that's not a problem :supergrin: Is there just a break in period??

Also, if I insert with the slide back, then it will chamber a round and leave me with a 9 +1 gun, instead of the 10 + 1 as advertised. I'm not overly worried about that 1 missing round, I just want the gun to work properly.

Make sense??

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
OK, well I can certainly "shoot the crap out of it", that's not a problem :supergrin: Is there just a break in period??

Also, if I insert with the slide back, then it will chamber a round and leave me with a 9 +1 gun, instead of the 10 + 1 as advertised. I'm not overly worried about that 1 missing round, I just want the gun to work properly.

Make sense??
That's exactly what will happen. And until it's broken in, if you remove the mag and top it off, it will still be a pain to re-insert. I personally load one down, for a few reasons. YMMV.

·
Registered
847 Posts
That's exactly what will happen. And until it's broken in, if you remove the mag and top it off, it will still be a pain to re-insert. I personally load one down, for a few reasons. YMMV.
the mags will loosen up w/time,i usually load the gun with the extended slide stop,then insert fully loaded mag,little hard but it will loosen up shortly

·
Registered
519 Posts
the mags will loosen up w/time,i usually load the gun with the extended slide stop,then insert fully loaded mag,little hard but it will loosen up shortly
They will loosen up some. Load the mags with ten rounds. Everyday for the next week unload and reload the mags to cycle the spring some. Even after 2500 rounds through my gen 3 mags I still have to press hard to get them to seat.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Had the same problem with high capcity mags I bought for my G27. Fully load the mags and leave them be for a few days, then try it again. The new spring has to be broken in.

·
NRA Life Member
73,631 Posts
I have a brand new, never fired G30S. The pistol came with 2 10 round magazines. If I load 10 rounds into the magazines, they will not "lock" in the gun with the slide closed (unless I use ALOT of force). If I load only 9 rounds, they lock in place perfectly.

What should I do??
Use A LOT of force, like you're supposed to. It's a gun - it's not that delicate. Nothing is wrong.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I haven't even seen a Glock 30s on the street yet. That is my next Glock. I use the Lula Loader for my tight mags: load them up, then unload them. Once I get a stiff Glock mag fully loaded, I will keep it in my Glock for a while, for the added pressure of the slide pushing down the top round will help with that initial spring set.

·
Who, me?
1,428 Posts
On a G30, I had to dissemble the mags, and remove 1/8" from the bottom of the follower legs. The problem is NOT that the spring was too stiff, the problem is that the follower actually bottoms out against the baseplate. Trim the follower, and everything works like buttah!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
My glock 37 does the same thing. None of my other Glocks are that way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.