close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

full circle glock to glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ojabog, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ojabog

ojabog

I obtained by conceal carry permit early last year. First gun I bought was a G19 that a friend sold me super cheap. I ended up selling the G19 shortly later becuase I didn't like the grip ergonomics. I bought a Sig P226 E2 9mm. Didn't really think about Glock as a option after that. I tried a bunch of guns over the next 11 months (bought quite a few) and only recently I started to get interested in Glock again. I ended up buying a G26 Gen 3 after allot of thought and I absolutely love it. I was so happy with it I bought a G30 yesterday. First range session with the G30 was awesome. I don't know what it is about the sub-compact glocks, but I shoot them lights out.

At First....
    I didn't like the Glock grip, now I love the grip.

I hated the cup and ball sights at first...now I love them.

I hated the DA trigger at first, now I can't see my self getting back into the DA-SA triggers again.

I guess if your new to handguns and the Glock feels weird...don't give up on it. It may grow on you.

2. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Good read--welcome back!

3. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Same here: Love the simplicity, freedom from rust worries under most circumstances and the trigger reset----I love working that reset in shot strings.

4. barth

barth six barrels

Twenty years ago I shot a friends G19 and promised myself I'll never own a Glock.
    And never ever carry a 9mm in any gun.

Today my EDC is a Gen 3 G27 with a Storm Lake 40-9mm conversion barrel - LOL.
    things change

I love my Sig DA/SA guns.
    But my Glock having the same pull for every shot seems like a real advantage to me.
    And I know it's not for everyone,
    but the addition of a Ghost Rocket connector sealed the deal.

All my non Glock guns are banished to storage now.
    Sans my S&W 640-1 357 Magnum.
    For a pocket pistol and sleepy nightstand gun?
    I still like Magnum Force - LOL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  5. snuffy19608

snuffy19608

My first was a G19 Blue Label, kept switching around thinking I'd find something that worked better for me. 1911's, Sigs, Makarov,BHP, couple trips back to Glock in between.

Just walked into my LGS last week, needed some work on my 1911. Looked in the display case- there sat a Gen 2 G21. $425 + transfer OTD with original case,3 13rd mags and 2 10 rounders.

Took her to the range the other night, first 2 mags just made one big hole in the middle @ 30 feet. :rock:End of story.:cool:

6. bac1023

bac1023

7. ConcealedG23

ConcealedG23

I was anit-Glock for quite some time also. I was a big XDm guy. Recently I wanted something smaller. SA went all wrong making the XDm compact sized between a compact and a sub-compact. The G23 fit perfect. I traded in my XDm 4.5 and jumped in with both feet. I haven't had a regret since.

D