full auto glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ItsAdam1, Nov 22, 2005.

1. ItsAdam1

ItsAdam1

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

You may be able to get the kit, but putting it on a Glock, or even having it at the same time you have a Glock, would get you a ticket to club Fed and the very special status of 'convicted felon', which would make it illegal for you to ever hold a gun again.

The only way you could possibly do it legally if you aren't a government entity would be if you are a class three dealer or manufacturer.

No, it's not worth the trouble.

;?

3. Sly_C

Sly_C Ich liebe Glock

the way I understand it is that after 1986 your no longer allowed to make a gun that is semi-automatic that is made after 1986 into a fully automatic, so even if you bought it and didn't use it, it would be considered intent, and you could even get in a ton of sh*t for that. I may be wrong on that, but also I think the FFS-G only sales to military and police anyway.\

EDIT: d*mn butch, you beat me again!

4. ItsAdam1

ItsAdam1

5. gose

gose

They do exports as well and the kits can be bought over the counter in some European countries and I somehow think this is their main market, because if you're a dealer and allowed to buy full-auto stuff, why not get a Glock 18 in the first place?
    I'd much rather have a Glock 18 with the selector switch on the side of the slide than having a third party drop-in selector in the back. The kit also requires that you do some slight modifications to the frame for it to fit and function, or so I've heard :p

6. Sly_C

Sly_C Ich liebe Glock

Not me, I'd love to throw one of those on my glock 23. Compact , bigger .40, and full auto! woohoo! alas I can not. I live in NC, but not even TX's gun law are that lax.

7. fourtfourmag

fourtfourmag

Even if by chance you were able to obtain on of these kits, WHY. You wouldn't be able to test it anywhere in public. Word travels fast, sound even faster...^9

8. Sly_C

Sly_C Ich liebe Glock

If they were legal for us to have, I'd buy one, just for fun. Why do people have 40mm grenade lauchers? 50 BMG rifles? Fully auto AKs, M16's, Stens? Cause they are fun and they can.

9. keltic

keltic

What do you have to do to become a class 3 dealer?

10. M1 SUPER 90

M1 SUPER 90 OIF 06-07

11. ColGlock

ColGlock

R.I.F
    Reading Is Fundamental!!!

I suggest you start by reading the two sticky topics that say FAQ-Read this first #1 and #2!

And this seems to go for every one else in this thread too.

If you had you would have seen the following:

12. gose

gose

Guess you've got a point, it was a blast on the G26 ;) But I'd rather have a G18 than putting it on my G17.

13. ItsAdam1

ItsAdam1

Gun dealer friend of mine said its about 700 a year to get a class III special occupational taxpayer (SOT) license. It might be worth it if I want to buy more semi-auto and make them autos. But it pretty much got no resale value, b/c it can go to just anyone.

14. G18

G18 FA double taps

It's all about $$$, G18 runs over $3000 dealer cost, a FSSG selector won't be over $400 and you can use it on any Glock model .

No mod's have to be done, FSSG is a "plug-n-play" device, just drop it in and fun begins.

15. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

The FSS-G runs $600 from the US importer. G18s are $3000+ on the free market, but a better way to get them is from a PD that will sell them to you at a more reasonable cost, say $750 or less.

16. G18

G18 FA double taps

WOW! $600 for the devise, it runs on the $300-400 range everywhere else worldwide.

17. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

The $ ain't worth much anymore. I didn't have the link at the time I posted that, but here is the link where target17 inquired about getting one: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400481

18. rabbit

rabbit

thank all liberals for banning automatic firearms for us law abiding citizens. :soap:

19. lastevolution

lastevolution "Senior" Member

Wasn't FA banned in the mid 1900s? 1950s, 60s? Not in the near past. Or was it earlier (1930, 40)

20. ColGlock

ColGlock

*Shakes head and wonders where these people come up with this misinformation.*

It was the Firearm owner protection act which baned civilian ownership of full-autos manufactured after May 1986.