close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fuji S9000

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Generalcarry, May 10, 2006.

1. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

I was thinking of picking this up. It's a tad under $500 and I'd use probable this often. I'd have to up grade in a few years so I'm figuring about $100 a year.
    Anyone try one? I'd wouldn't consider a SLR because I know I won't carry all the lenses and such. If I had to I'd use the Canon Ftb or AE-1.

2. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

3. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

4. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

over rated.

nikon offers IS. Big plus when Zooming.

nikon offers TIFF format. Big plus when it comes to enlargements. larger files, but sharper.

5. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

I know what you're saying but I'm down to mainly 4x6 and do my editing with Picassa. I just returned from the Dominican Republic and took a little over 800 shots. I NOW, do a quick edit and hold, and sent the off to Walmart for printing. If I go big, I'll do 8x10's. Most are the grandkids which I update monthly. I'll do a slide show and watch a couple times.
    I have literally tens of hundreds of pictures I haven't edited. I had to get an external HD just for the photos.
    Here's the camera I bought when it first came out and is now discontinued. http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03082003canona80.asp

Now, is the 5 bills extra worth it (Nikon), or pay 5 bills (FJ) get a 2 gig card and replace it in 4 or 5 years? I KNOW this isn't going to be permanent.
    I have to admit, the flip LCD is a GREAT asset.