close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FTF Sale Documents ?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by mrauditor, Mar 28, 2007.

1. mrauditor

mrauditor

Some of you guys have a lot of experiece in selling firearms FTF. When you do sell one that way, what documents, if any, do you require from the buyer ? Do you ask to see their driver's license to be sure they reside in the same state ? Do you ask to see their ccw if they have one ? Do you record the numbers ? Do you have them sign a bill of sale ? Or do you just size them up and do the deal ?

Obviously I have never done this but am considering it. I would appreciate your comments from experience.

Thanks.

2. ReAX222

ReAX222

I don't generally buy from people I don't know. Have only bought two glocks face to face. One was a local kid, he had come into my store several times and was dating one of my employees. The other one was a regular customer.

I think it is a good idea to get copies of DLs or CCWs, but in those cases I didn't. The regular customer did ask for a copy of my DL so the gun wouldn't come back to him (not sure why he was worried, but I did it), we don't have registration here.

Short story here is, If it's too good to be true, it usually is and if in doubt, leave. You don't have to buy from someone you don't trust.

3. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

nothing required in oklahoma. If I bought it ftf, then nothing required, If I bought it from a dealer I will do a simple hand reciept, like from walmart

4. mrauditor

mrauditor

Thanks for the comments, guys. If you were the seller, would it give you a better comfort level if you had the buyer sign a bill of sale or at least write down his dl or ccw number ?

5. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

I personally don't care either way, but when I do the hand reciept I give them a copy, that way it shows a transfer of the weapon, just in case of a theft or something later.

6. Ratbelly

Ratbelly

I have a home made copy of what the State of Delaware uses or used at one time, or so I was told. I'll try to post it here. I can't figure out how to change the file extention to post it here. If you'd like a copy I'd be glad to email it to anyone.

7. liliysdad

liliysdad NRA Life Member

Isnt the lack of paperwork the biggest benefit of a FTF deal? Her, in OK, nothing is required, and I would not trade with anyone I had reason to believe I need to worrry about. Furthermore, I would not do any business with anyone that required I sign anyhting.

8. Picketeer

Picketeer

FTF, I do a Bill of Sale and Exchange both DL and CHL numbers and insert them in the Bill of Sale which the Buyer and Seller both sign........One page, no biggie! Protects us both!:thumbsup: