close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FTF on police turn-in G22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AKLferris, Nov 29, 2010.

1. AKLferris

AKLferris

I recently acquired a police turn-in Glock 22 with 7 used magazines. I have shot it twice.

The first time, it was a nice fall day, probably 60 degrees outside. I loaded each mag w/ 13 rounds of Winchester white box and shot using each mag 1 time. It ran flawlessly. I took it home, cleaned and lubed it, and put it away.

Last week, I took the Glock out for the second time. The temp was 39 degrees. I decided to test some Federal HST 155gr rounds to make sure I could trust them in my Glock. I loaded each mag w/ 13 rounds of HST until I the 50rnd box was empty (one mag had fewer rounds). I had a scary number of feedway malfunctions (probably 15 out of the 50 rounds). Needless to say, I was pissed off. Then, I loaded 50rnds of Federal 180gr FMJ, and had a similar number of malfunctions.

Where should I start trying to correct the problem? The two mags that had the highest number of malfunctions had a rev. 2 and 4 follower. The others were all rev 5. At first, I thought the sharpness of the HSTs was the cause (and they are sharp!), but the FMJs proved that theory wrong. I bought a new recoil spring, but haven't tried it (I figure it's a good idea to replace it either way).

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

All high cap 40 cal followers stamped 1,2,3,4 or 5:
    GLO-1028-5 Follower fits LE magazines (full capacity) M/22,23,24,35 and 27 nine round. Use only in magazines with flat "inside guide ribs" (also marked 40&5). Replaces all followers marked "1,2,3,4 or 5". GOL-1028-1 through GLO-1028-4 have been discontinued. Part number 33 on the Glock Schematic. will be replaced with a #5

All high cap 40 cal followers stamped 6,7, or 8:
    GLO-1028-8 Follower Fits LE magazines M/22,23,24,27,35. Use only in magazines supplied with 6, 7 or 8 followers. GOL-1028-6 & GLO-1028-7 have been discontinued. Part number 33 on the Glock Schematic.

Verify the lube you used is not thick caked on grease. This will slow down the slide speed and cause a myriad of feed issues. Use light weight oil only or PERFERABLY a dry lube.

Be sure to update us with a range report!