FTF Firearem sale?

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by Hoggy, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Hoggy

Hoggy

I'm selling one of my guns here shortly and I just want to be certain, the gun is registered in my name. What all do I need to do to cover my own. Bill of sale, copy for each? Anything else?

2. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

What do you mean by registered? Do you mean you originally bought from a FFL and filed out a 4473?

Per the GCA '68, no paperwork is required for in state FTF sales. You cannot knowingly transfer to a prohibited person (felon, drug user, etc.)

Any time I buy/sell FTF I require a bill of sale (copy given to both buyer and seller). I also will only buy/sell from/to valid IN LTC holders. Gives me piece of mind I'm not dealing with a prohibited person and not buying a "hot" firearm.

What firearm are you selling?

3. Hoggy

Hoggy

glock 23, any place I can download a good bill of sale, or just write up something generic

4. Scutter01

Scutter01

The bill of sale is just your own personal record of where the firearm went, so if detectives show up at your door asking about it (say, in connection with a robbery), you can show them who you sold it to and when. It doesn't need to be anything fancy. Personally, I just use a pre-made template in MS Word and it's the same template I use for *anything* I sell (like when I buy a new car and sell my old one, for example).

Or you could broker the sale through an FFL, if you prefer. That way there's a NICS check done on the buyer and you can't get dinged for selling to an ineligible person.

5. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

BILL OF SALE- FIREARM

I, ___________________________sell to ______________________the following firearm.

Manufacturer:_______________________

Model:_____________________________

Serial Number:______________________

Caliber:____________________________

Description:_________________________

This firearm is legally owned by the seller until this bill of sale is signed and witnessed. There are no guarantees or warranties on this firearm other than the standard factory warranty that may or may not be in effect.

The buyer listed below has identified himself to me or is known to me personally. The buyer, by act of signing this bill of sale, has stated that he/she is legally allowed to own a firearm and assumes all responsibilities respecting proper ownership.

Seller:__________________

Seller Signature________________________

Identification of seller: __________________

Buyer:__________________

Buyer Signature________________________

Identification of buyer:___________________
    Date of sale:___________________________

6. SHINGLE MONKEY

SHINGLE MONKEY

just trade money and gun and walk away....sorry but there is no law that says you have to do anything else.

if its used in a crime...chances are you were not seen with it in your hand....then again thats how I roll:animlol:

7. Scutter01

Scutter01

You're correct that you don't *have* to do anything else, but if a gun I once owned was used in a robbery, I most certainly want a record of when it left my hands and to whom it was sold. It's not necessarily to protect myself (although it will), but more to help catch the scumbag that used it.

8. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Hoggy, how is the gun registered to you? Do come from New York or somewhere with registration?

9. fire1035

fire1035

More importantly do you already have a buyer and if not how much are you asking for it?

10. jmb79

jmb79

fire1035,

I'm not trying to play the hall monitor role but you're treading close to violating: https://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=427243

11. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

Why is it they can sell in the MI room? There a thread over there specifically for classified ads. Seems like a double standard.

12. SHINGLE MONKEY

SHINGLE MONKEY

did you just wake up wanting to be an ass...or are you just trying to get your post count up?

:upeyes:

13. fire1035

fire1035

14. jmb79

jmb79

I've never been to the MI room. Also, what you describe is not a double standard. It would only be a double standard if Eric, the one who makes the rules, posted something for sale in fora other than the want ads.

15. jmb79

jmb79

You're right, after having been a GT member for almost seven years, I've just now decided that it's time to pump up my post count.

GT membership includes agreeing to abide by Eric's rules. If you don't like the rules, find another forum or start your own.

16. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

Yes it is a double standard. The thread you referenced about not posting ads is in the MI forum (and this one as well). However, ads are still allowed to run in the MI forum.