Glock 26 FTE with G26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by vcunroe, Sep 29, 2020.

1. vcunroe

vcunroe

I recently purchased a previously enjoyed G26 gen 4. It was police trade in. Not hurt at all. Took it home, gave it a good cleaning and proper lube. Fired 100rds and had 2 failure to eject malfunctions with in that 100rds. What should I be looking at to correct the problem?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee

Were all 100rds. fired the same ammo? What ammo were you using?

vcunroe likes this.

3. ActanonVerba70

ActanonVerba70

Some things to trouble shoot.

From Glock Armorer's Manual:

Observed Problem: Failure to Eject or Erratic Ejection (including stove pipes)

Probable Causes:
    • underpowered ammunition
    • dirty chamber
    • shooting with an unlocked wrist
    • lack of lubrication
    • dirty gun
    • broken or damaged ejector

vcunroe likes this.
  4. vcunroe

vcunroe

Yes all 100 reds were the same manufacturer. 115gr ball ammo. Ammo Incorporated I believe was the manufacturer.

5. voyager4520

voyager4520

Did you do a detail strip cleaning of the slide? Clean the extractor and the space in the slide it fits into. If that doesn't work try a replacement extractor, sometimes they're out of spec.

It could just be the ammo too.

vcunroe likes this.
  6. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee

I would try some different ammo before messing with replacing parts. I’ve never heard of ammo Inc.

G19 fan, vcunroe and Orive 8 like this.
  7. cciman

cciman MacGyver

Are these "Remanufactured" ammo (ie: reloaded in a factory), or factory new ammo?
    Try boxed new factory made ammo.

shooting with an unlocked wrist - something to consider also if you are new to pinky Glocks.

G19 fan likes this.
  8. yep380

yep380

Get some name brand ammo and try again.

vcunroe and Orive 8 like this.
  9. FireMedic-50

FireMedic-50 Silver Member

If you don't know pistol history and cleaning and lubing didn't help, try new RSA and heavier ammo-124 or 147 grain

vcunroe likes this.
  10. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

My Gen 4 26 and all 3 of my Gen 4 34's will stove pipe with WWB and Federal ball ammo shooting with one hand and a floppy wrist, 3 or 4 rounds a mag. With ASYM target ammo, they will stove pipe every other round. Hold the gun tight and it goes 100%. OTOH, neither of my G41's or my G35's will stovepipe no matter how loose I hold them.

I've never heard of the ammo co., either. I'd be inclined to try some good stuff before changing anything.

jhc37013 and vcunroe like this.
  11. vcunroe

vcunroe

I did verify what ammunition it was[​IMG]

12. vcunroe

vcunroe

I have owned and do own a few G19’s and 17’s, and have never had an issue. This is the first G26 I’ve ever owned or shot for that matter. So it could have been a grip issue?

13. Snoopy47

Snoopy47

I will chime in about the AMMO as well.

I reload my 9mm's for GSSF. I reload on the light end as much as I can and developed a great load that works in both my OEM sprung 17 and 43.

It wont work in my 26. You would think the 26 in between the 17 and 43 would be fine, but apparently the 26 shares the same recoil spring with 357SIG so it's a little more than is needed for 9mm.

You'll need ammo that's a little more than puff loads to work in a G26.

I solved my problem by going up 0.2gn powder and from a 115 bullet to a 121.

I haven't had a problem yet.

vcunroe likes this.
  14. Snoopy47

Snoopy47

I guess the grip could help it, but then you have to always remember that and train for it. If you start to fatigue and loosen up the problem will reoccur.

vcunroe likes this.
  15. MajorD

MajorD

Most 115 grain ball ammo both factory and remanufactured is loaded on the light side. For reference I picked up a new 26 ( keep in mind most used guns you buy are often traded in having been shot very little) and my long established reload that worked in all my other 9’s did not run the 26. I tend to load on the conservative side, with most of my loads a couple tens of a grain above minimum powder charge. I had to up my load to a 1/10 grain below max to run the 26. After 500 rounds or so my light load worked again. I suspect a light load off brand ammo is the issue here. Now is a tough time to find ammo, but try some 124 grain NATO ammo and I bet she runs fine

vcunroe likes this.
  16. vcunroe

vcunroe

Thanks for the information!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. fastbolt

fastbolt

Presuming the existing RSA doesn't have a problem, and the G26 is correctly assembled, maintained, lubricated, etc ...

The greatest 2 influences that can result in feeding & extraction/ejection issues are:

Shooter grip technique (Stability/firmness of grip)
    Ammunition (power level, case rim spec, etc)

It's not unusual for some shooters normally familiar with larger pistol models to have to be more attentive to their grip (healthy handshake firm and a locked wrist) when shooting the smaller, faster cycling pistols (with lighter slides and shorter slide run). This might be the case with 2 & 1-handed shooting, as well as non-dominant hand shooting. Shooting larger, heavier and slower cycling pistols is often easier for some folks, compared to shooting smaller pistols and obtaining optimal functioning.

The ammunition can be important, too. If the power level is too far on the low end, it can reduce slide velocity - especially if combined with a "less than optimal" grip technique - might result in shortened slide travel, producing feeding stoppages and/or extraction issues (which could manifest as ejection issues). Double feeds and incompletely ejected empty cases, depending on the amount of compromised slide velocity, grip support problems, etc.

If it were me, I'd use first use ammunition made by one of the major American ammo makers, and confirm a decently firm shooter grip and locked wrist, and see if the "problem" is resolved. However, even using major maker ammunition doesn't mean that a lower velocity load may not be chosen (i.e. a brand's bargain/target load, versus a premium defensive line). Ditto bullet weight in the 9mm, too, as some 123gr, 124gr and 147gr loads can produce faster slide velocities than some of the lower-powered 115gr offerings. Just depends.

Among many firearms trainers, armorers, gun factory techs and armorer instructors it's not unusual to hear the "thumb nail" rule that day in and day out, more than 95% of "gun/pistol" problems are shooter-induced. Something the shooter is doing, or not doing well enough, causing the problem. Following that are ammo problems (QC, power levels, spec, etc) ... followed lastly (smaller percentage) by actual gun problems.

Just some thoughts.

vcunroe likes this.
  18. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

That ammo has a MV of 1128 fps, which is getting on the lower side when considering power factor. The ASYM ammo that I can get my 34's to choke on every other round are at 1090 fps which is 4 less, power factor wise, than the Ammo Inc.... 125 PF verses 129 PF. I see why a G26 might have trouble with this. Heck, WWB you used to be able to get at Walmart has a PF of 137, and that's 115 gr. Seems like 115 gr ammo with PF numbers in the mid to higher 130's work well in the dual sprung (dual spring RSA) Glock 9mm's. My MT GG 115 gr +P will cycle the G34 slides with good authority with only a tic more muzzle rise...PF of 144, and they don't choke with a loose grip, but who wants to shoot a lot of 9mm that's a buck a round? Long story short is there is 115 gr ammo out there that will cycle the slide, nicely, but it's got a nicely price tag on it.
    Yyoumayaswellgeta357sigMMV

vcunroe likes this.
  19. jhc37013

jhc37013

I have a 19 Gen 4 that will also occasionally stovepipe with WWB, never an issue with thousands of rounds and then 2 stovepipes out of a box of 150rds.

I probably had 10,000 trouble free rounds with this particular 19 and because of the ammo shortage I had to go with WWB which I never do and of course two failures. Then of course I had to shoot/waste 100 more rounds with a different ammo to insure it was the ammo that caused the stovepipes, a waste all the way around I hate WWB I'm not sure why it is a issue with my Glocks it's not the first time I've had trouble with it in 9mm Glocks.

I will say I never had a issue with .40 WWB back when I ran exclusively G22/23. With the 9mm WWB and Glock I think it has something to do with the rim of the case it's like the extractor just slips off that rim and stovepipes but that is just my best guess. It could also be an occasional weak round idk.

Ammo can cause failures and I'm sure this is what happened to the OP, if the OP had a gun issue the OP would more than likely had more than 2 failures.

vcunroe likes this.
  20. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I agree get some FED/REM/WIN FMJ and try again.
    What carry ammo are you using, how does it work?

FireMedic-50 and vcunroe like this.