Ft. Wayne Photo Gallery 2003

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 28, 2003.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your photos in this thread.

2. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Well... what a FANTASTIC weekend I had travelling to the match with JimmyG. We enjoyed our favorite “Aiming Fluid” (although I was hoping that it would have helped me more than it did).

As we were nearing the range on Rupert Road, the Amish people were walking down the road, we waved and they all smiled and waved back. What a start to a great day!

Here is a picture of the long distance range as you walked towards the clubhouse.

Notice the red flag on the green, they have a new game in Indiana called Rifle-Golf. You drive the golf ball off the tee, then you take your rifle and shoot your golf ball.. if you do it in one shot, then you got a hole-in-one!!! Of course, with the way some of us play golf, we can just use a Glock instead of a rifle!;e

3. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

The next three pics (two other posts following) are taken on a hill where we parked that overlooks the entire range where the GSSF COFs were set up.

These pics are taken from right-to-left:

Pic #1 shows the two Glock Plates Stages and the first two out of four Glock-M stages.

Pic #2 shows the FOUR Glock-M Stages.

Pic #3 shows the bay that contained the three 5-To-Glock Stages (to the left of the bay that contained the second pair of Glock-M stages)

Nice setup, well-executed match... the RO's were super-competent and everything ran like clockwork! I hope that GSSF keeps this match in Ft. Wayne... nothing against Indy but Ft. Wayne is closer for us Upstate New Yorkers!;f

4. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here's Pic #2 showing the FOUR Glock-M Stages...

Can you figure out who the guy in the red shirt is?

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here's Pic #3 showing the bay that contained the three 5-To-Glock Stages (to the left of the bay that contained the second pair of Glock-M stages)

It was a very cool setup... did not need to walk very far from stage-to-stage.

6. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Registration... Bruce "Simon" Wampler (or was that Simon Templar?) in action!

When JimmyG and I got to the registration a little after 9AM on Sunday, there was already a line formed putting Bruce into high-gear!

Registration was quick and we were off to the range in short order.

Bruce did a fine job getting people on their way. Thanks Bruce!

7. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I finally got to meet Festus! It sure was great to be able to meet Dennis at this match! Dennis is the one on the left.

I also saw my good friend Bruce Warren at the match. First time we met was at Indy GSSF match last year and later again at the Topton GSSF match. Bruce set some personal BESTS at this match. GREAT SHOOTING BRUCE! Way to really kick-butt for Team Sidearmor! Bruce is on the right in the pic.

Dennis and Bruce are two super-cool guys... super-relaxed and super-easy-going!

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

This guy walking up the hill with scoresheets... what does he really do?;e

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

"Hey LG... why don't you take a pic of your scoresheets so people can see how you should have had more 'aiming fluid' last night?"

What a wise-cracker this dude is!;e

Yes, he REALLY DID SAY that to me! Sheesh... I thought he was my friend.;e

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here are two of the RO's that worked on one of the Glock Plates Stages...

Khris is the CRO and the nice-looking Assistant RO is Wendy!

The RO's in the match were FANTASTIC overall... Khris and Wendy did a fabulous job running the shooters through the plates stage.

Thanks again Khris and Wendy!

11. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here's GSSF Shooter Steve Dixon kickin' some plates butt with his subcompact (either G27 or G26)... Steve went 6-for-6 on this run with a smokin' 3-second run. Not bad for shooting a dinky, polymer (or 'ceramic' if you listen to Bruce) pistol that can escape x-ray detectors at airports, Aye?

I have relatives that live in Canada so I can say, Aye at the end of some of my sentences.;f

That was some great shootin' there Steve! I think Steve is a good friend of Bruce Warren's so it figures these "pin shooters" know how to make plates go down!

12. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

What makes RO's at GSSF matches ready for a long day of running people through?

Check out this All-American food that is the "Breakfast of Champion ROs" all over the country! Also note next to the "Breakfast of Champion ROs" is the beverage of choice for all early-morning ROs!

I guess this is what made Khris and Wendy nice-n-friendly... lucky for us Glock Shooters! If you ever want to kiss-up to a GSSF RO, you now know what to bring!;f

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

My very good friend and GLOCK shooter JimmyG mowin' down the plates at the Ft. Wayne match!

JimmyG has just recently joined GSSF and like me, is "bitten" by the GSSF bug! This is Jim's fourth GSSF match and he's really starting to get the hang of it and look out when he gets rolling!

Check out how Jim's site recovery is already complete while the spent case is being ejected from the gun! These Glocks are SUPER-COOL! Thank you Mr. Glock!

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

"Cowboy-Action" couple shooting the Glock match!

You may not recognize "Sassy Sure-Shot Geraldine" and "Marathon-Magnum Richard" without their usual cowboy-action garb but this couple was so cool to be around. They really knew how to have fun at the match and Richard even went back to register for a second category after shooting his first entry!

Gerardine and Richard were nice to pose for a pic... It was great meeting both of you at the match and hope to see you at the other matches!

15. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Two RO's from the first pair of Glock-M stages (next to the plates)... there is GlockTalk's G7 and Rick.

G7 - It was great meeting you in-person finally! Thanks for the info you shared with me on the Indy match last year.

Again, G7 and Rick are exemplary of the superb RO's that were working the match. Totally professional, stressed safety and made the shooters comfortable and relaxed while keeping the match moving along.

Thanks guys!

16. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here are the RO's that ran one of the 5TG stages at Ft. Wayne:

From left to right:

Mrs. G7, Mike S., Walt (CRO), G7 (CRO)

Again, I can't stress it enough... the RO's were very experienced at this match. I am definitely coming back next year!

Thanks to all the ROs and Match Directors!

17. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

ANOTHER GlockTalker that I met at the match!

GT's jhfenton posing for a pic at the Glock-The-Plates Stage!

It was great meeting you jhf! Perhaps next time, we can shoot through together if the timing is better.

My buddy JimmyG loaned one of his G22 mags to jhfenton for the match so he wouldn't need to load a mag while up on the line for the Plates stage. THIS is one reason why GSSF is so great... JimmyG just met John at the match in the parking lot... spent a few minutes talking to him and loaned him a mag to help him through the match.

Unbelievable? No.. just great sportsmanship and comraderie!

Cheers!;c ;c ;c

18. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Glock Shooter "Mrs. G7" shooting the 5-To-Glock stage!

Check out her trigger prep... just about to make that round to into the A-ring!

Nice shooting!

19. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

5-To-Glock RO's : Father and Son Team

What do some families do on their weekend? Why they BOND by working the GSSF match together!

Here's Jim Moffit (Dad) and Jim Moffit (son)... these guys ran Jimmy and I through the 5TG stage on our second time through (second category).

Wonder how Jim (the son) would look if he grew a beard? Probably ALOT like his Dad!

You guys were great and thanks for running us through!

Again - professional and competent RO'ing... hummm... there is a trend here... Ft. Wayne is a must attend for those that can make it next year!

20. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

My buddy JimmyG shooting the 5-To-Glock stage

NOTICE the following things:

1.) Brass in the air

2.) Jimmy's Glock 22 is on target ready to fire the next shot

3.) CRO Jim Moffit's eyes are ON THE GUN where they should be.. not looking at the target(s)... this way, if there is a problem, the RO is first to notice it so he can help the shooter maintain safety.

This picture has it all!