close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ft. Wayne Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 28, 2003.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

This is exciting, a match at a new location. Please tell us about it.

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Fort Wayne had some very experienced and accomodating Range Officiers...I arrived at 11:00 AM AND HAD COMPLETED MY PRE-REGISTERED two categories by 11:55....wow that was fast...(yes and I shot too fast...)...the facilities were Spartan for those accustomed to indoor plumbing, and no there were no concessions....but was important was the goal to again participate in a GSSF match.I am going to go back Sunday and do some more shooting...probably (2) more categories in hopes of lowering my personal best....I said hi to John Hurd and Edwin and everyone seemed to have that first match rustiness...at least mine wasn't as bad as Indy last year. I would suggest anyone out there contemplating going to do so....they had (4) 5 to Glock Bays , (4) Glock M bays amd 2 plate racks....Hope that Fort wayne can be added as a match site permanently...again Kudo's to Kris Wright and his Group.

3. glocknroll9

glocknroll9

Had a great time!! My friend and I got there at 9:15 and were done at 11:00. Everyone was really nice. Not many people there though, If you live close you better go.

4. johnhurd

johnhurd Millennium Member

And further I am going to save all the money I have been putting into practice and become a lush...... :(

I was outta there at 11:15 shooting 3 catagories.....

Hey Bruce hope it is not crowded tomorrow for ya ;)

5. B Coyote

B Coyote

I was there early (9:30), pre-registered and ready to go. Say with my buddy while he watched the video, then he took his pistol to the armorer to get it looked at.

His gun was having MAJOR function issues. MAJOR. Light strikes, terrible functioning, you name it. I give the Armorers credit....Leo spent four hours working on his pistol before he gave up. It looks like the gun is going back to Smyrna.

He told me to shoot the match while they looked at his gun. I did, and was finished by noon. The RO's were all great! Fantastic job!!

While I tend to be pretty hard on myself and my shooting....I was happy with Glock the Plates, and sorta happy with my performance on Glock'M. Five to Glock kicked my butt....those 25 yard targets get me every time.

My only let down was the lack of a vendor...the guy selling tshirts and accessories....I've really been looking forward to getting a new Glock T-shirt.

I had fun, and I certainly hope I get to go again next year.

G7, it was good to meet you. :)

bc;g

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well I went again today and ditto on the speed ....experience ...and friendliness. I personally was finally able to meet some fellow Glock Talkers...Bruce Warren and Bill Palmer...Bill and I shared our excuses on the plates being just too darned small, met up with the Minnesota contingent again.. Butch and Dwight leading the way....Dwight was hoping for another Amateur Civilian win...but he was having trouble with his ( personal score sheet) he was tabulating his scores on his hand.Butch being a Master was hoping that Bobby Carver wasn't showing up, something about his score being around 71.0xx...I personally was hoping that my score was no worst than double his, I met G7 who was an RO on the Glock M stage...thanks again for your time. And finally I met LoveGlocks...yes Frank Koo....great fella with a great attitude...and yes he did get a picture ....Bruce Warren and I posed for Frank....by the way I'm the one in the hat.;f

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Hey Festus:

If Bobby Carver wasn't there DO NOT RELAX because Tony Clemens was and he normally shoots U/L scores in the low 40's. His wife Donna also shoots in AmCiv with very competitive scores. So no Cake Walk at Ft. Wayne. Tony and Donna are great friends from the beautiful San Antonio, Texas. Old Tony and Donna are also part of "Team Sidearmor" and they shoot Factory ammo to kick butt.;I ;I ;I ;I ;I

8. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Howdy Don....when I shoot Unlimited and Stockmeister the only ones' that worry are the pasters....( one at 12:00 o'clock one at 6...etc. etc. with my 12" grouping I keep them pretty busy(they actually handed me the pasters)....I'm sorry I did not introduce myself to Tony or his wife.. one day I hope to meet all..The Almighty willing and the continuance of this great sport GSSF.;f

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I understand your 12" groups. I had that same problem trying to shoot with a giant Cataract in my left eye. I just had it removed on 2 June and am getting ready to teach myself how to shoot all over again, hopefully with much better groups.

If you ever get a chance to meet Tony and Donna you will really enjoy being with them. We met them May of 2002 at Dallas for the first time and they are great friends. Everyday folks who not only enjoy shooting and making friends but both shoot very well. Real Master Class competitors. They will be at Conyers in Sept. for the big match. This is a match you should make if at all possible. Biggest match of the year and well run to boot. I will be making 10 altogether this season.

10. jhfenton

jhfenton Evil Marathoner

Well, I'm back from Ft. Wayne too. As Festus said, the facilities are spartan, but provide everything you need. The RO's were very efficient. It was my second match, and I shot much better than the first time. As usual, I shot my G26 better than my G24C.

I was also fortunate enough to meet Festus, LoveGlocks, and G7. LG shot my picture to prove I was there. I'm the guy in the black and blue Hawaiian shirt.

11. councilman24

councilman24

Festus and I met, and comiserated about choking. I give up. When I didn't practice for 6 months I improved my score by 20%. When I shoot 2000 rounds in the last three weeks I choke. Figure my score went back up. Oh well.:(

The range officers were accomadating and friendly. Pretty basic facility. Really indicates that almost any club/range can host a meet.

12. Bruce Warren

Bruce Warren Millennium Member

What a great shooting day on Sunday. Mid 70's, overcast and a nice breeze on the hill. Met "Festus" and ran into Frank Koo. Was great to visit with them. I brought 3 shooters with me, one of them a new shooter, Al Lassen. His first Glock match and he did pretty well for his first time.
    Saw some old friends from Iowa, Steve and Ryan Dixon and Frank. Miss seeing them.
    Shooting was very very good. If Frank Koo operates a calculator as well as he does a Glock, I shot a personal best. Am/Civil-76.58. StockMeister-76.83. Hope this puts me in the "Master" world. Hope to see the pictures that Frank took Sunday afternoon.
    Al Lassen took some and will send them to me to post here.
    Ft. Wayne did a wonderful job of hosting the match. Keep up the Great work. I hope to come back there next year. Hey John, everyone was asking for you. I thought you were coming back for more fun?

13. johnhurd

Looks like ya got me by a couple in Stockmeister but a Bunch in Amt..

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Gee Mr. Hurd... I was hoping I'd see you Sunday... I was looking forward to you SHOUTING my name outloud (to confuse me) again like you did at Indy last year... hahaha

Sorry I missed you... would have like to banter with you again... maybe next year.

15. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Bruce -

Nice seeing you and meeting your friends at the match Sunday. GREAT SHOOTING... Team Sidearmor Coach DannyR will be very happy with your performance! You really knocked the doors off for both Am/Civ and Stockmeister team scores!

See you at Ohio and Topton?

16. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hello JHF -

IT was super to meet you.... JimmyG says "Hi".

Hope to see you at the other matches!

17. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hey There FESTUS!

Nice to meet you in-person! I posted the pic I took of you with Bruce... it's on the other thread (Ft. Wayne Pics)...

Hope to see you at the other matches!

18. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Hi all! I got home from Indiana a little while ago, and I have to agree, the range and RO's at Ft. Wayne were great! If only my shooting was as good, I'm blaming my bifocals this time. ;)

It'll be interesting to see where they have the match next year....how bout both? One in June and one in September? ;f

;=

19. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

Bruce counted 217 enteries.
    He estimated 150 different shooters.

Scott was pleased with the turn-out for a first time match.

He said Ft. Wayne definately will be considered for 2004. I'd think Indy has the population edge, but Scott said there are a lot of schedueling issues surrounding the Eagle Creek range. It is municiply run by Indy Parks, but used heavily for State and County Law Enforcement training, as well as civilian membership use. Ft. Wayne would be much less hastle.

I would not look for two Indiana matches: Texas or California we ain't . . .;)
    There would be a much better chance of Indy + Michigan than that.

But, GSSF currently has room for only one more match, and they are looking at Las Vegas, for a winter match.

**++** All of the above should be read as interesting rumor - and nothing as fact . . . **++** :cool:

Now a GSSF trivia question:
    WHERE was the first Indiana GSSF match held? (in 1995)

20. johnhurd

Shoulda called AAA...............:)