close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ft. Smith Report

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by glockess56, Jun 4, 2007.

1. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

This was a great match and hats off to the Ft. Smith gang. The ROs were super and everyone was friendly. I enjoyed having breakfast at the hotel with Bill, Julie, Bobby Carver and Brenda. That was super and I left there to go shoot. Even the desk lady at the hotel came in (she made the biscuits and gravy at the breakfast)and ask if "Y'all going to the shooting range today?" I met some new people and some people who were shooting for the firt time. Yes, they were bitten with the Glock bug. Although I got lost going home and drove 20 hours, it was a great experience. I did get to see a lot of scenery in different parts of the country and actually see gas prices at 2.889 per gallon.

2. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Sorry, I didn't mean to post twice about Ft. Smith. I didn't think it took it and it did. I went to delete it and I get a message about not having the authority to do so. I don't have a clue as to why my avitar disappeared.

3. Terminator

Terminator

Hey sharon, This is what we call a double tap :animlol:

4. James5m

James5m

Sharon
    You must have shot Sunday, Because we didn't see out there Saturday, only saw Dennis

5. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Glockess56, we enjoyed meeting you also. We had a great time at Fort Smith and look forward to next year. A little muggy for a "West Texas" fella but fun. I saw Dennis and he was sweating as much as I was, both of our towels were soaking wet!
    Sure wish I could have found some 2.889 gas.
    Bill

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well....I tried to donate my pistol and mags at least twice...once at the 5 to Glock and the Glock M...the bubblebee that decided to roost on my pistol.. for it seemed 10 minutes did not leave so I just shot...the RO gave me permission to dispatch him. "The mosquitoes had ticks" at least that's what the locals were telling me ...it took two days to get through my thick skin ...but I finally feel like I have a great case of Poison Ivy. Met some great people and I hope I had the worst match of the year at Fort Smith.....I believe I was concentrating on the 800 mile return trip...case in point donation of pistols and some unbelievable laspes of awareness that lead to excess penalty points....enough crying:crying:

Great match...RO's and the most polite people I've met...a must for everyone next year :thumbsup:

7. James5m

James5m

Dennis
    You didn't say anything about the outhouse.:toilet: I haven't seen one of those in 40 years. But you were sweating:running: so bad you didn't need to use it.

8. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I apparently missed that particular accomodation....I believe now my mosquitoes may have been chiggers...time for some nail polish.:upeyes:

9. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Thanks to the many RO's that donated their time to provide an "excellent" match for all of us to enjoy. The weather was great and the friendly welcome from the club's members made the day more enjoyable. I've already marked this match on my calendar for next year.

Regards,
    Bobby Carver

10. BruceH

BruceH

Thanks to all for the warm compliments about the Fort Smith match. I'm Bruce Bethell, Director of Practical Pistol at Old Fort Gun Club, and ended up being in charge of the GSSF match here. I've never shot a GSSF match before, and the learning curve was a little stiff at first. Learned a lot, and hope to have another match next year. Scott indicated that, all things being equal, we'll be on the list for next year.

Sorry about the 'skeeters. We're real close to the Arkansas River bottoms. If you go out to shoot in late evening when it is getting dark, the 'skeeters come over the berm with landing lights. Carried off a small dog a few weeks ago.

Thanks to all who came to the match, and hope to see you next year. Special thanks to Dan J. from FL and others who helped me with good information while I was planning this match.

Shoot often, shoot safe, and bring a friend.

Bruce Bethell

P.S. to James5M: You haven't seen an outhouse in 40 years! Hell, I think the Arkansas Governor's Mansion (which is truly, honestly, a triple wide mobile home) has an outhouse. You should have seen the old outhouse that we replaced a couple years ago. Half moon over the door, 4 foot by 4 foot, with a wooden seat. 'Skeeters wouldn't go close.

bb

11. another okie

another okie

It was a pleasure to work with all the folks from Indiana. You don't know how tempted we were to keep your pistol! But southern hospitality doesn't permit that.

I shot terrible. I think I was a little goofy after standing under the shed while 3900 rounds were fired.

12. Juli Kemp

Juli Kemp

Hi Sharon (am I remembering name correctly?)
    It was nice meeting you that Sunday at breakfast. This was my second time to shoot (the first being in Thibodeaux), but I shaved about 100 points off of that score - which doesn't say much and still leaves me a LONG LONG way to go - BUT you have to start somewhere. Sorry you got lost on the way home - but glad you looked upon it as a little unexpected scenic tour. See you again sometime, I hope. I'm new at this glocktalk thingy and haven't looked up any scores, but I hear you shot VERY WELL!!!
    Juli Kemp

13. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Myself...Sharon ..and Joey...as well as Ken (Joeys Dad) appreciated the hospitality...the mosquitoes turned out to be chiggers ( on my forearms) go figure how that happened at 6-4-1/2"...the name implies Indiana but few of us are actually from the State...Sharon is from Ohio and Joey from Arizona..I'm almost in Michigan and far from Indianapolis....very close to Notre Dame....we had a great coach Lou Holtz and once a year for spring camp he dons a Notre Dame ball cap ....I believe he also did your Razorbacks justice as well.

GSSF has given us the opportunity to experience people all over the United States and share it's wealth of hospitality and sincerity and fellowship....gain friends and test ourselves at each match....again thank you all for the experience:hugs:

14. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Yo bro!(Festus)

It was so good to see you at Ft. Smith, sorry we did not get to spend just a little more time together!!! I missed that part of the trip. Oh well we will make up for it next time. Hope your trip home went smooth!

Next Friday DEJ/FL, and I drive to Jacksonville spend the nite at the airport hotel catch a flight Sat. morning Oh dark thirty to Philli, rent a large vheical drive to the match, shoot the match, drive back to the hotel in Philli, get up O'dark thirty Sun, fly back to Jacksonville, then drive back to Fort Walton all in two and a half days.

Sounds like fun to me.

Pharaoh
    :thumbsup:

15. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Pete....if anything this year..MY WIFE has committed to going to Pensacola and we have reservations at the Holiday Inn.. Destin on the Beach.....I will relax...probably about 9 days.....I believe the third vacation I've seen in about 30 years....going to Indy...Dan said you had relatives near Seymour...are you guys going....I'll be there saturday afternoon.:supergrin: