close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ft. Benning / Gunny Challenge

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Panhandle Bill, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Does anyone have any news???
    The unfortunate ones (ones who couldn't go) want to know. Please don't keep us in suspense!!!

Who won? Weather? Who won? Have fun? Who won? Pictures? Who won?

And especially, how did the Gunny match go? Who won? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc?
    Hope everyone had a great time....

THANK YOU!!

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Bill
    YES
    Matt, Butch and Grady
    HOT!!!!!
    Matt, Butch and Grady
    YES
    Matt, Butch and Grady
    Did I mention it was HOT!!!!!!!
    The attendance was very good!
    Did I said it was HOT!!!!!!

See the attached picture.

[​IMG]

Dan:cool:

3. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Well, the match is now history and Gunny 2007 is over. The weather was great with lotsa sunshine in the mid 80's.

The COF's were similar to the first Gunny held in Henderson ,NV 2 years ago including the plates, Glock M and 5 to Glock. We shot all steel targets and for all D1 targets, the plates had to be knocked down from the center of the targets. We ran 3 runs on each COF and oh yes, we used the "new" G21SF with Blazer 230 grain round nose ammo.

"The Gunny" welcomed all of the shooters, Chris Edwards explained the course of fire and Scott Gilbertson managed the COF's and the use of their GLock 21SF's and distribution of the ammo.

After all of the dust settled, the winners were:

FIRST Place: Prize $3000.00 Matt Kartozian
    SECOND Place: Prize $2000.00 Butch Barton
    THIRD Place: Prize $1000.00 Grady Whitelaw
    Fourth Place: 1 Glock Cert Chuck Anderson

"Congratulations to all of the winners" Times will be posted later. I'm sure that pictures will follow in this thread.

I wish that everyone could have been there. It was very challenging and another fantastic event provided by Glock.

4. Morris

Morris CLM

Well congrats to all! Looked like fun, despite the Georgia heat.

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

6. Clem

Clem

Thanks for the updates, guys. Congrats to all the winners and participants of the Gunny Challenge! Great shooting, guys! Great pics, Dan! Sure missed being there & visiting with everyone. Hope to see most, if not all, of y'all in Louisiana next month. (I especially liked the Team Carver photo w/Gunny. What a great group of guys & gals!! We're proud to wear the colors of Team Carver!!). Tony & Donna. :wavey:

7. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Looks like a great match, some great photos too. Congrats to all the winners, what a fine job. Looks like Team Carver Mounts did a great job again. Glad everyone is having a good time. I missed being there, maybe next year.

For Sunday all who still have shooting to do Don, Jerry ect. try not to step on it. Bring home the gold Team Carver Mounts.

Pharaoh:perfect10:

8. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Just got back to AZ. It was hot and humid and I totally blew out the regular match but I dont care. It was a great day.

Huge thanks to Chris, Scott the GSSF staff and the USAMU for hosting the match and special thanks to bobby for keeping track of the scores.

I have about 600 pics to sort through but I hope to have them up tomorrow night.

Good luck to everyone shooting tomorrow. Get there early.

9. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Congrats Matt on the win...and the others who placed, showed and participated.:thumbsup:

10. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

The Ft. Benning match was a great experience (once I got to the matche!). I must be as dumb as a box of rocks, because after I was on the post, it took me two hours to find the GSSF Match! My hats off to the soldiers who were the ROs. They did a super job and were very nice. I met new shooters, juniors and met some of my good friends from GSSF. I didn't shoot well, but GSSF Matches aren't just about winning and losing, they're about the extra things beside the sport. The entire match is about comradere (spelling). They're about meeting new friends and reconnecting with the old friends (not old personally, just known a long time) and about sharing with your buddies and teammates. They're about winning door prizes, also and talking to armours and the neat people who run the matches. This match, I got an extra attraction. I got to talk to Gunny, get his autograph and my picture with him. He was a super guy when I met him. So, was it worth the hassle of driving 12 hours up and 12 hours back to Ohio? Absolutely!

11. Lady27

Lady27

Congrats guys! Very cool!

And thanks to you guys that posted news and photos. That's a nice looking bunch of winners.

12. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Congrats to all of 'em. :thumbsup:
    Always cool to see a very good friend place 'up there'. :dancing:
    (G21SF - knew it.)

:patriot: