close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ft. Benning Check

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by glockess56, Mar 21, 2007.

1. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

To get on the post at Ft. Benning, I know I have to fill out the paper about my guns, ammo, serial numbers, etc. plus a release form. How strict are they checking? Does the ammo and guns have to be locked or, do they just have to be separated in two different places, not with each other? Is there a stimpulation about having the mags already loaded when you approach the base, or do I have to load them all after I'm at the match? Any information is greatly appreciated. I've been to several GSSF matches, but this is the first on a fort. While I have visited a fort before (FT. SILL, OK), I have never tried to take firearms there. Let me know. This weekend is the match and it's so exciting just thinking about it!

2. 03RangerXLT

03RangerXLT

To be honest with you, I don't know the official rules. In the past though, I have just registered my stuff at the front gate and been done. THey have never asked to see where the stuff is in my vehicle. There have even been times in the past that cross communication has ended up with me not filling out any paper work and the gaurd just waving me through when I get to the gate after explaining that the guys at the gate-house told me to drive to some administrative office somewhere on post.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

All registration is done at the "Visitors Center" which is located just before you go through the gate. You must use the I - 185 gate. They want your weapons in a locked case in your trunk and you ammo in a separate container (ammo can or whatever). as long as your guns are in a locked case in the trunk and you ammo is separate I don't think it should be a problem with loaded mags in you shooting bag. The main intent is to keep the guns and ammo separated and out of easy reach of the passenger compartment. :thumbsup:

4. truckcop

truckcop

Last year, we breezed through the physical inspection. After showing our paperwork at the visitor's center, we drove up to the inspection lane, told them we were going to the match, and got waved through without so much as an open trunk. Maybe it was my pretty blue eyes.

Who knows how it will go this year. Probably a full body cavity search:shocked:

5. AmeriGlo

AmeriGlo

I hope to make the drive to the match and Saturday, bringing a few new sights to show.

6. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Ameriglo,
    I'm looking forward to seeing some of the "new sights".

Travel safely. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

Regards,
    Bobby Carver

7. Adam5

Adam5

Ameriglo,

I'll have to pay you a visit Sat. I bought Night Sights for my 17 at Conyers. It's no longer my primary carry gun, and thinking of changing to a target sight for cometitions.