close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FS : Vintage Citizen Jet (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by krotchity, Feb 8, 2010.

1. krotchity

krotchity Galactic Cmdr.

This is a pretty special piece in my opinion, not just for the unique movement but also due to it's condition and timekeeping. I took a chance on buying a watch with Gold accents and it just isn't me. The accents have a subtle copper or rose gold hue. The watch is quite stunning with it's thin cursive font, Domed acrylic crystal, bright silver radiant dial, and elegant stretched dauphine hands.

The movement is a 27 Jewel, Ringed-Rotor, auto / hand winder with date. The movement does not hack. The size of the case is 40mm incl. it's thin crown, and 44mm lug to lug. 18mm lug width. The watch is functioning very reliably and consistently; keeps time off the wrist to within 15-20 secs of atomic time per 24 hrs. Significantly better when on the wrist. The watch is extremely thin, lays well on the wrist, and wears quite big actually (it's all dial). I'd estimate the case thickness at 9-10mm.

The watch appears to have been worn very little in it's 40+ years of life. I understand that the watch was made in the mid 1960's. The Crystal, dial, hands, and case are in very good condition. The acrylic crystal has some very very small surface scratches on the curved portions, the dial has a tiny blemish at 9:30 which is hard to notice, if at all, and the case back has some sort of stain which I have not attempted to remove.

Caseback reads: Star C.G.P. Citizen Jet Auto Dater AD0G1501-F / 5011556.

Overall I will grade the watch on the TZ scale at Near Mint 93-97%.

$195 $155 Reduced to $145 shipped via priority / insured to a conus address (paypal, or USPS MO).
    Overseas please contact me. email and paypal is ; maloosik at g mail dot com.

Also on other fora.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]