Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
As I said before in several PM's to you I want this at the agreed upon price of $75 and I will send you the payment.

At 6:44pm FRIDAY NIGHT JULY 25 I told you I would mail payment that night. That was 6:44pm, I thought the post office was open to 7pm but they were only open to 6pm. So it couldn't go out Friday night as promised.

On Saturday morning I went to the post office and mailed your letter with a money order for $78 which was for the tool and insurance and delivery confirmation.

The letter and payment has to go from Michigan to Texas.

I think it highly unreasonable to expect that the post office will deliver a letter mailed on Saturday (much less one mailed at 6:44p Friday night) in Michigan will show up Monday in Texas, just one business day later. You did not request payment by overnight courier nor did I promise to mail payment by overnight courier.

Had you wanted payment Friday night, I had offered to pay by Paypal, but you relayed the stories of how Paypal had drained your account of $2,500 so you would not accept Paypal. Perfectly reasonable, so we both agreed to payment by M.O.

Not having another way to get you money, except by the post office I mailed the payment as promised.

I was going to offer to pay at my expense for delivery confirmation so you would know when payment would be expected, but you wrote on Friday Evening, "Delivery confirmation is a joke in my opinion........". So I did not use delivery confirmation

You can go online to www.usps.com to get estimates on how long it should take to receive a letter from Michigan. If you are concerned about the length of time for delivery of your mail, Here is the telephone number for the Post Office.

# General Information, Suggestions, and Complaints 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777)

A helpful postal employee can explain to you how long it will take to receive a letter mailed on Saturday from Detroit Michigan.

skunkworks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chill out man.........................All I was trying to find out was a straight answer as to whether or not you mailed the payment! I have been stiffed too many times waiting and waiting and not knowing if anything has been mailed. Finally after two or three requests, you have answered me without a bunch of mumbo jumbo. As I said, all I wanted was a simple answer. And seriously, I do not need your lecture on PayPal. If you want to use them, be my guest. Have a good evening!.................:supergrin:

And by the way, IMHO, paying for confirmation via Post Office is worthless...........they usually do not input to their system until the item has already been delivered...............You certainly cannot get the wildest idea as to when it might be delivered!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just so you and anyone else that may be reading this thread knows.

You posted a public message at 6:22 on Friday July 25th asking about payment. I responded privately which is the way it should be done at 6:44p that same Friday saying I would mail the payment.

And I did mail the payment as promised. While I couldn't get it out Friday night as I hoped, it went out first thing Saturday morning.

There was no further correspondence from you either privately or publicly asking about the status of the payment.

Nor did you ask me to confirm with you as to the exact time I dropped the letter off to to the post office. Had you asked me to do that, I would have cheerfully let you know when I went to the post office.

I promised you I would mail payment, I am a man of my word. Payment has been made.

You said earlier that you have made two or three requests about payment. that is not true. Since your email at 6:22p Friday and my response at 6:44p that same night where I said payment will be made at the agreed upon amount, there have been no further requests for information or correspondence from you. Not one.

It is not fair to give the impression that I have somehow been ignoring your multiple requests. You have not sent one PM or email to me or posted to this thread since Friday until today when you did your BTT which a BTT is not a request for status on payment.

The first correspondence from you publicly or privately since your public message at 16:22 Friday was today, Monday at 17:27 where you posted a BTT. A BTT is typically done by someone that is intending to sell the item to someone else.

All you had to do is ask me by email, PM, or as it seems to be your preferred means of communication, the public thread, and ask if I sent the payment as promised. You would have got a simple reply. Yes.

While I am very sorry that other people have stiffed you and made you wait and wait and wait for payment, and because of that they have somehow made you jaded in dealing with people in a friendly manner, I am not other people, and I do what I promise to do. And I always do what I promise with a smile and always thinking good thoughts for the person I am dealing with.

May you have a blessed evening as well.

skunkworks

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would have bought it without the B.S. as well. :whistling:

Serves me right, less than 24 hours after I agreed to the $78, one appeared on GT for $70. Oh well....... :upeyes:

skunkworks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I could probably have sold it without the BS too! Again I say, I am sorry that you feel like you do about me asking the simple question about the payment. I have you have a great day too! :supergrin:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Received your Money Order this PM...............The sight tool will be in the mail, insured for $100.00 with delivery confirmation this afternoon as soon as I get it packaged and can drive into town! Thanks again! And again, I am sorry for the hassle that you perceived!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts