close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FS-HAK Utility Knife (about 4.75)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by sheepdog, Feb 14, 2010.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog Texan

SOLD
    I got one of these while the original maker was doing it, as far as I know. It took months. I measured my fingers at a bit over 4.75 inch where the finger hole fits, and it works great with that. I wrapped it with black cord, carried it a few times, never cut anything but tape. Scalpel sharp.
    The plastic hook/loop stuff on the leather belt attachment came off, so I attached it with 4 rivets. Ugly, but you can't see it with the knife on. Original pack of paracord (except black I used), zip-ties, band-aid, Front Sight sticker. See my photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/downzero/ , shows everything in the package for sale.
    This is the Utility grade, don't know if you can get any of them now with the problems at the maker's. Their web site hasn't been updated since 2008.
    $95.00 USPS MO only, mailed to you. E-mail only responses, please, to down.zero@yahoo.com
    SOLD

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. Playin104

Playin104 Packin' Heat

As far as I know everything is still up and running, a friend of mine just bought one of the utilities late last year. Arrived within 2 weeks with no issues at all. The "problems at the maker's" you are referring to has passed, there are quite a few threads over at bladeforums on this.

What blade steel is this knife? Thanks.

3. sheepdog

sheepdog Texan

Thank you, that is the first positive input on what is really a neat product I have heard lately. The people on the knife type forums said someone named "William" was putting them out for Front Sight, the female maker that that left the business. My last reading was that production was not reliable or fast, maybe things are back on track for them. Heck, it took me months to get this one and that was when things were going right.
    At any rate, the blade is stamped 440C on the opposite side that the FS logo is displayed. I can e-mail the pix if someone needs a closer look. If these little jewels are readily available and my price is too high, I would take a decent offer for INSTANTLY available, MO or Paypal.

4. 1badasshog

1badasshog

5. Playin104

Playin104 Packin' Heat

Payment has been sent. Thanks.