Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: EOtech Mod 552 and 512 sight units

36K views 59 replies 34 participants last post by  skeeeter 
#1 ·
EOtech model 552 sight unit. Sold the rifle, no use for this unit anymore. It was mounted on my AR but never abused in any way, has box, papers, and everything. $300 OBO shipped out.

EOtech model 512 holographic sight unit. This one is new in the box, unused. $285 OBO shipped out.

Open to offers if you want both sight units. Paypal/MO only please.

#4 ·
email sent on the EOtech model 552.
lee

#11 ·
I sent him a e-mail and it came back account cancelled. I also sent him a e-mail through a different e-address that is associated with his Paypal account. Also came back cancelled. Anybody else recieved anything from him?

#12 ·
Hate to say it guys, but it looks like another sham.

The guy had over *20* posts on his first day on the board. And he was selling things fast and furious. I tagged his posts to kind of send up red flags w/o coming out and possibly pointing fingers unwarranted, but hoped everyone would use caution.

Did anyone ask him in pms if he had feedback on other boards?

I would contact paypal ASAP and report it NOW.

#13 ·
Damn, I should have known with him being a brand new member.

His last post:

10-16-2006 02:14 AM
Has the Beretta 92FS/M9 seen its best days >>

Can the Mods do anything to help out here?

And yes, it turns out both his emails on Paypal have been cancelled!!!

I just filed my dispute with Paypal for my $60.00

#14 ·
Hate to say this but if it looks too good to be true (the price) it probably isn't. Sorry you lost your money. There is a way to report it to the trade commision dealing with internet fraud.
Pat

#17 ·
Just a few tips never buy from someone who has only a few posts. Becarefull of adds where the price seems too good. Always try and get contact info before sending money.
Pat

#18 ·
I am sorry to hear about this guy scamming you. I don't think he would be complacent enough to use his real name "Striley", but you never know.

He claims to be a Radio Shack MGR. There are 2 locations in Greensburg, PA.

Best of luck to you!

GREENSBURG-GREENGATE CTR
01-4192 | 724-832-8986 Store Hours:
Mon-Fri 10 am - 9 pm
Saturday 9 am - 9 pm
Sunday 11 am - 5 pm

GREENSBURG-WESTMORELAND
01-4987 | 724-836-6327 Store Hours:
Mon-Sat 10:00 am - 9:30 pm
Sunday 11 am - 5 pm

#21 ·
Hi folks. I am sorry if any of you got burned, but there is little I can do to help in a situation like this. The user in question has been banned and I will cooperate with any official LE request for information concerning this guy, including IP numbers.

I will soon be launching a paid membership tier on Glock Talk soon. Basic membership here will always be free, but the paid tier will have access to some nice premium features. These changes will impact the classified ads area directly and I think for the better.

When I launch the new system, the classified ads forums will be replaced with a very nice new classified ads software. This new software will utilize Glock Talk's current user database, so you won't have to log in separately from the site. The new system will a very slick system to enter and view multiple product images, the ability to choose an expiration date for the ad, to list and search the ads geogrpahically, to edit and delete the ads yourself, plus tons of other really great stuff, including a built-in feedback system. I think this new software will be a big hit.

When I implement the paid tier, I am going to place limits on the numbers of ads that various user levels will be able to post. Regular members will be able to post between 2 and 5 ads a month. I haven't decided exactly how many yet. Personal paid members will be able to post two or three times the number of a regular member and a business paid member will be able to post unlimited ads. I say unlimited, but we may have to place a limit on the total number of ads that can be posted per month, if the system gets abused. I haven't decided on that either.

Anyway, the paid tier system will help to keep this place paid for and the classified ads system will help. The paid tier system will also help the buyers here though. In addition to the feedback system, the paid tier itself will help buyers make purchases with more confidence, in a couple of ways: Firstly, most scammers will probably not want to pay the membership fee to use the site. Two, if the seller has paid for his membership, he will have had to share a bit of personal information with my system in the transaction, so I will be able to provide more help to the authorities, if they request information concerning a possible scammer. I think between the feedback system and this, buyers here will have tools as good as any classified ads or auction system online on which to base buying decisions. As always though, the phrase 'Buyer Beware' is good advise. Don't do business with people you have a bad feeling about. Insure that you get some personal information about the seller whenever you can. Make payment and shipping arrangements that give you some recourse in case of a deal gone bad, whenever you can. Cover your butt.

I will post more info on the paid tier and new classified ads system soon. I welcome any feedback you all have on the new system. Thanks. Eric

#24 ·
Originally posted by Eric
When I implement the paid tier, I am going to place limits on the numbers of ads that various user levels will be able to post. Regular members will be able to post between 2 and 5 ads a month.
This will just run sellers off to other free boards. The volume is what makes the ads here so great. Remember your auction software?

#25 ·
Originally posted by switch625
This will just run sellers off to other free boards. The volume is what makes the ads here so great. Remember your auction software?
Yes I do and thank you so much for bringing that up. That is not a fair comparison to the new system I am building.

If people are posting more than a handful of ads a month, they are doing so at least as a sideline, if not an outright business. It costs money to run this place and I see nothing wrong with asking people who are making money off of my efforts to pony up a little. This new system is going to be a substantial improvement over the new system. You will just have to take my word for it until everyone gets a chance to see it in action. All other considerations aside, the new system will reduce abuse of this system and help to weed out scammers.

This site is the third busiest site of its type in the world. GT is now averaging 2,700,000 unique visitors a month and we continue to grow. This is where the traffic is. That is why there are so many ads here and that is why the system gets used. I do not intend to poison the well. The thing that doomed my previous attempt to use a different software for the classified ads system was the fact that they did not share a common membership system. The new software will share its user database with the message board, so there will not be a separate login for it. In addition to the great features of the software, I am modifying the site so that the classified ads will have exposure throughout the site.

The posting limitations will not go into effect for at least a couple of months after the changeover. There will be enough to do settling people into the new system. I will ask for people's input and suggestions along the way and I will try to build a system that will appeal to the greatest number of people here, but I will ask that the input everyone gives stay constructive and positive. If people will get behind me and help me make it a great system instead of just sniping at my efforts, or *****ing about change in general, it will be successful. This new system will benefit the site and the members here alike and it is going to happen. With everyone's support, it will be a great system. Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.