close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FS: 2006 Honda Metropolitan scooter

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Smaug, May 5, 2007.

1. Smaug

Smaug

I'm putting my scooter up for sale here. I don't know how well I'll do, as scooters are not macho things and guns kind of are. ;)

Price: $1500 firm, it currently has about 900 miles on it.

First, to whet your appetite, here are some pix:

These pix, are before I put on the Honda luggage rack & basket. It also has almost 900 miles on it now, but still looks just as good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why buy a scooter?
    • They're amazingly fun to ride. (and that is saying something, coming from someone who also rides a 1300cc sport-touring motorcycle!)
    • This one gets 105+ mpg in fuel economy. If you can commute on this, it will pay for itself quickly, considering the rising costs of gas. I take this to the train station every day. A gallon of gas lasts me two weeks, and a fill-up is currently less than $4. (for premium!)
    • Easy parking, and many places only charge half as much to park a scooter. Many other places, you can just lock it in the bike rack.
    • Women love the cute, vintage-looking ones.
    • If you live where there are a lot of roads with posted speed limits of 40 mph or less, transportation doesn't get any more convenient than this.
    • With 105 mpg (I got 106.5 on my last fill-up) the money you will save on gas over driving your car will buy you lots of ammo!

OK, about my Metro. It's a 50cc scooter, top speed is an indicated 40 mph on flat ground with no wind. 42 downhill or with a slight tailwind. It's a 4-stroke engine, liquid cooled, so it is very clean and doesn't burn oil like most small scooters do.

For those of you who have larger bikes and want to get your significant other riding without going through the hassles of getting a license for a bigger scooter, this is the way to go. In most states, you don't need a special driver's license, only insurance and a plate. It is super light weight & easy to handle, and has the huge Honda support network behind it.

Honda has excellent build quality & reliability, probably unrivaled in the business.

It is in excellent condition; no scratches. I've installed the Honda luggage rack and have a nice chrome basket attached. With this set-up, I can get 6 bags of groceries home. Two in the basket, two on the grocery hook, and two under the seat. I've also found that a 12 pack of beer is a PERFECT fit in the basket. ;)

In short, it is the perfect scooter for around town riding and in suburbs where the speed limits are 40 mph or less.

It's got 800 miles on it. I did the first oil change with Honda HP4 oil; it doesn't need valves adjusted.

Lastly, it is still under warranty until the end of this summer. (not that it will matter, it is a Honda) I'm not sure if it is transferable, you'll have to check.

It is perhaps the ultimate city scooter. It's fast enough for the city, and has some nice security features built in. Under the seat, there's a lever you can flip which locks the centerstand open. It's got the steering lock which is hard to pick since the key is so long. Add a good lock and it will be damned hard to steal this bike.

Local pick-up only; I won't ship it. Cash on delivery, $50 deposit via PayPal until pick up. It will fit, upright, in the back of an SUV or minivan if you remove the mirrors. (easy to do)

2. skfullgun

skfullgun

Wow. Why can't something like this come along in my neighborhood?

Free bump.

Think it would haul my 290# plus?

3. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

That is really cool, but in Phoenix most of the main streets are 40-45 mph, so death would be nearly certain.

Mitch

4. Smaug

Smaug

Yes, it would haul your 290#. It just would take a bit longer to get to 40 mph.

You can take this on 45 mph streets if they're two lanes. 40 mph is no biggie if it is relatively flat. (which I believe Phoenix is)

Yes, the ride home for either of you would be interesting. You'd either have to haul it back in something or take highways home and drive on the shoulder to yield to others when you have to.

One guy, for the hell of it, took his Metropolitan II (the II means it is limited to 25 mph) across the country that way over a month period.