close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fry Daddy recipies

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by tat2guy, Jan 8, 2007.

1. tat2guy

tat2guy NRA Life Member Silver Member

Hey guys!
    My wife got me a fry daddy for Christmas. Last night I got my first chance to use it. I had friends over for the Eagles / Giants game, and told them to bring "deep fryables". We had quite a greusome yet spectacular feast (deep fried scrapple is probably the greatest thing ever- who would have guessed?)

So now I'm hooked.

I have a package of chicken drumsticks thawed in the fridge I want to cook tonight. Anybody have a good fried chicken batter recipie theyd care to share?

Thanks,
    D

2. Bayoucritter

Bayoucritter

Use a batter of soda water, flour, and egg to the consistancy of thick pancake or cake mix. The soda water makes the crust flakey. Season the chicken, dip in the batter, then in dry seasoned flour and drop in Fry Daddy.

3. tat2guy

Soda water! what a great idea, thanks!

4. tat2guy

I can see..... everything. My pupils are so constricted I have focus out to a thousand miles. I can hear nothing.... except the rush of blood through my own veins. Nothing is real. If I tried, I could walk through walls undetected. The smell of hot oil is everywhere.

My wife got me a Fry Daddy for christmas.

Incredibly thoughtful gift, or incredibly subtle assassination attepmt? I'll let history judge. For now I am far removed from the mortal world of morals, right and wrong are inditinguishable. Especially when deep fried.

Test run- Eagles vs. Giants.
    Home made buffalo wings- damn fine.
    Deep fried Scrapple- heaven on earth.
    French fries- best I've ever had at home.
    Deep fried bacon- holy shiot!

Dinner last night- Jalepeno poppers. With cream chees filling. Best I've ever had. Ever.
    fried chicken legs. Good, but weird, the batter was like the stuff on corndogs. I had no soda water to follow the above recipie, so cobbled together my own from several other recipies. i liked it. it wasn't normal. Maybe I'll make corndogs someday. Yes, I will. With god as my witness, I will. Heck, maybe even Corn Smartdogs, when my vegitarian friend Jackrabbit is in town. I promise nothing, though the possibility is out there...
    Tater tots- dismal failure. They just fell apart, and got all horrible... what went wrong...?

Breakfast today-
    Fried egg? Nope. Another failure. Move on.
    Fried sausage? ABSOLUTE GENIUS! Best... sausage... EVER!!!

And then... the coup de gras...

Fried Ham Steak.

Dear sweet merciful baby jesus jumping on a pogostick all over high holy heaven... my tongue had an orgasam. An oralgasam.

We could end the holy wars of the middle east right now with a brigade of fryolators cooking up ham steaks for all the muslims. They would realize that god does, in fact, want us to dig on swine. If he didn't, it wouldn't be this gosh darn euphoric. Once they get their minds around that, the whole jihaad idea will seem just plain silly, and all will be right with the world...

Praise allah. Pass the freaking deep fried ham.

I can see through bricks.

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Do you like hushpuppies?

corn meal
    flour
    salt
    finely chopped onion
    milk

I would guess about 2 cups of corn meal and half a cup of flour. How ever much onion you want and add milk until it is a little thicker than pan cake batter--you want it to make a ball when you drop it in.

Sorry, I rarely measure anything when I cook :supergrin:

6. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

Deep fried scrapple is AWSOME!

7. tat2guy

That sounds awesome, thanks!
    (I eyeball most things, myself.)

8. tat2guy

I'M SAYIN', BRO!

We cut it into roughly fish stick sized pices- it made for a great hors d'ourve (SP?).

9. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

We have a deli here in Alentown, the owner makes his own scrapple, Great stuff. Also get some really good scrapple at the Allentown Farmers Market.