Frump?!?!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by [email protected], Aug 16, 2015.

1. Pawcatch@aol.co

[email protected]

What happened? Why had every word of the Donald's last name changed to that on this forum?

2. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

Don't be so prissy.

Bruce M and FLIPPER 348 like this.

3. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR

It's someone calling him from beyond the grave...things got a bit garbled in translation, and it seems to have infected the spell-checker.

I have a feeling Bush may become Fern fairly soon...or shrubbery....though I will deny any prior knowledge of either.

OldSchool64 likes this.
  4. Bruce M

Bruce M

Frump? grump?

trumped up charges? hmm that worked.

Fronald? looks like some sort of virus to me

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  5. silentpoet

silentpoet

Somebody is plagiarizing Weird Al.

6. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Okay so I'm not going crazy and there isn't anything wrong with my phone.
    I'm seeing "Frump" in The Okie Corral threads, "Grump" in Political Issues.

7. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head CLM

I don't know who is doing this, but they deserve a good talking-to. Yes and maybe a hand-slap as well.

IndyGunFreak and Joshhtn like this.
  8. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

BAD site owner! BAD! :supergrin:

I used to be able to re-define keys on the keyboard by using the "prompt" command in DOS. I learned how to do it quite by mistake while studying the DOS manual for our "new" USAF computer (in about 1988). I'd change the "S" key so if you typed a lower-case "S", you'd get an upper-case "S", and the reverse as well. I put it in a batch file so it would randomly happen throughout the day, and then fix itself a few minutes later. Lots of laughs.

The squadron computer guy found the file, and figured out who did it. Told me not to do that any more, that it would interfere with productivity. Then he took a copy of the file back to his office and loaded it on several other folks' machines to get his own giggles.

Butt-head.

9. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head CLM

When I was in school learning how to program computers after I got out of the Army, I was the mad bomber of the computer lab. Early on, I figured out how to write a BASIC script that remapped people's keyboards at random, and snuck it onto a couple dozen people's DOS boot disks.

I wrote another more complex BASIC program that mimicked each screen that someone would see, if they were formatting their hard drive from the command prompt. I duplicated each query that would pop up in the process, answered them all automatically and moved on. I even found a drive read command that I could loop through enough times to show the drive working as long as the format would gave taken.

When the 'formatting' part of the program ended, they would see a blank screen with a blinking command prompt, but they would still be stuck in my program. The only input the program would answer was a 'dir' command, which shows what is in a directory. In this case, the root directory of the drive. It would of course show an empty drive.

Once I put the finishing touches on my program, I snuck into the C program lab and set the program up to run on startup on every computer in the lab. This was the late eighties. The computers in that one lab were the only class full of PCs in the school with hard drives installed. Anyway, I put a call into the autoexec.bat file of each computer, so it ran the program automatically on startup.

I think most of the teachers knew I was the one who was perpetrating the string of computer pranks that had been plaguing other students, but they turned a blind, but mostly amused eye to it. This last little stunt very nearly got me kicked out of school though. It was near the end of the semester when I did it and when the first class of the day started the PCs, 35 students nearly **** themselves because they thought the projects they had been working on all semester were being wiped out before their eyes. It caused a minor ****storm.

Anyway, one teacher in particular went to bat for me and I didn't get bounced, although I did get a stern warning.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

One of the female Presidential candidates and a certain automobile could revert to the way they were an hour or two ago. Humor wise, whether it is a pie in the face, a Carnac skit, well timed flatulence, Three Stooges violence - there are some things that really just do not get old. :supergrin:

11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

So much for the impartial site host. Lol

12. droidfire

droidfire

i'm still voting for him.

13. DAKA

DAKA

Me three

14. railfancwb

railfancwb

A female political columnist, who has left the scene, routinely referred to W as shrub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head CLM

I made fun of Slagathor too.

TX OMFS and UtahIrishman like this.
  16. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Sounds like someone's bad idea of a joke.

silentpoet likes this.
  17. 308M1A

308M1A

9 billion dollars? He's the one laughing.

18. NMG26

NMG26

Trump!

Good job!

Can you put the T in white?

19. 308M1A

308M1A

The point is, he's not only not a chump, he's not in the neighborhood of chump. You don't even know what the word means.

20. Hellraiser

Hellraiser

Trump is not unlike Obama. Everybody needs to listen to what he says... not how he says it. Trump said..."I will do anything to win." That means he will say and do anything to win. That's a fact. In his world... he is a tyrant... maybe a benevolent tyrant... but he exerts unbridled executive power without restraint.

Obama said he would destroy the coal industry... said he would negotiate with Iran... said he was in favor of national healthcare... raise taxes... spend money... redistribute wealth. And he has done it assisted by unbridled executive power. The left applauds... the right is consistently defeated and frustrated because the Retardlicans in Congress are wusses.

Folks are desparate... but we need somebody who will honor the U.S. Constitution.