Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered some stuff in june .I got my order but on august 3 i started getting packages i didnot order from all kind of places football tickets ,face products so i called my credit card company and there has been 220 dollars charged.I have not charged anything on that card this year except top glock so i know for sure it happen when i placed the order.the cc company said they were all internet charges.I got the cc closed and getting the charges took off hopefully.so everybody out there dont order from TOP GLOCK

Thanks,
mobcittty

·
Banned
437 Posts
that also happened to me, i ordered only form topglock and i ended up having them canceling my order because my stuff was backordered and they lied to me. 2 months later, my credit card company called me and there was a bunch of stuff charged to my card from internet websites also. Thank you SO MUCH for confirming this, i knew my credit card data was used from topglock but i couldnt prove it. This happened to me only last month. all the charges were from the internet also just like yours. luckly my cc company covered the charges. Topglock.com is the crappyest company i have yet to deal with. they suck major.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Wow, this doesn't sound good at all. I haven't ordered from them recently.
make sure you don't. I was going over my entire credit card statement for the whole year trying to figure out witch site my cc info was leaked at. this guys post turned on a light bulb in my memory and i remembered i ordered from topglock a couple months back.

Stay away from it if you want your info safe

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting burned by them too. I placed an order for a g23 and some parts that they said they had in stock. Ten days later when my order hadn't shipped I cancelled it. A week later they charged my credit card for a restocking fee. For items they didn't even ship. They said their supplier is going to charge them a restocking fee.

Why would a high volume Glock dealer with on site warehouse space send an item they need in stock anyway back? I smell a scam.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
i'll be damned... just this past week i started getting fraudulent charges on the card i used for my last order with topglock, which would have been in late june... 2 months later, my credit card company contacted me - thankfully they caught it in time and closed the account

wow i had already made up my mind to never do business with those people ever again - this just takes the cake

and i never use that card for anything except an occasional internet order (a few times a year at most)

G

·
This is too weird. I just got a call from Visa Fraud yesterday...somebody has been running up bogus charges on my credit card. And here's a surprise--I too ordered a gun from Top Glock using that credit card! I guess I am stunned. I had already decided I would never patronize these people again anyway, because of the way they dealt with me, and the additional charges they put on my credit card after the deal was done, but I never would have expected this on top of their bad service and lies! If you have ordered from Top Glock in the past year, I would say you ought to keep a careful watch on your credit card charges. My order was almost a year ago, but evidently they have some employee who is combing through records going back a ways to get credit card numbers.

G

·
Another shocker--I put this alert out on our Minnesota forum and one of the other guys on the forum immediately wrote back to say that he also had charges on a credit card he used for a purchase from Top Glock. Buyer beware!

·
Premium Member
22,809 Posts
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I was considering ordering from them as well. Glad I got this in time, as there are many other options out there.

I had this happen to me once before, with a company called Tiger Direct, which is a computer parts wholesaler. In fact when I called the credit card company and they figured out who did it, it was like "oh, them again". Sounds like a lot of people were getting this done.

IMO, when companies do this they should loose there CC merchant priveleges.

:steamed:

·
Boondock Saint
80 Posts
I placed an order 2-3 weeks ago and recently found out my parts were on backorder (I emailed them) so i canceled my order....hopefully I'll get through without a hitch. I'll be keeping an eye out for sure though. Already had my credit card maxed out before for something like this and I don't feel like going through it again.

·
21,346 Posts
Bank of America has an online program for their cc holders called Shop Safe. Basically if I was ordering from a company (like TG) I would use the program to create a new cc number with a preset credit limit, i.e. $200 max to be used with this number and valid from 2-12 mths. If the number gets 'lost' the max that can be charged is what hasn't been utilized by the company. If I was dealing with a company like TG I would just shut down the temp number so they couldn't charge me at their mercy. I've had companies try to charge me only to realize that the cc is no longer valid. At the same time Ive had no problems with my original number.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
update

i don't have absolute 100% proof that it's someone at topglock who is responsible for all this, but i am now receiving packages shipped to my post office box. today i received 2 postcards from UPS telling me i have 2 packages (payable COD) awaiting delivery. my credit card was canceled, so now they're sending them COD. ridiculous!

i called my credit card company today and notified them that several other posters here (didn't list glocktalk specifically) have experienced fraud after ordering from tgscom. the lady took all the information and passed it along to their fraud investigations unit.

hopefully tgscom will soon get a nice big anal probe out of this

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
May 25th, 2007, 01:58 PM #9
scromp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heard back from topglock just now. They were very glad I notified them, and requested every detail I could provide in order to try and track down the breach. Unfortunately all I could really give them that would help on their end was the time frame and my transaction details.

At any rate they were very receptive to my message and sounded like they took it very seriously. I wish them luck.
well, nice to see their receptiveness paid off

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's a little info for everyone. I live about 45 miles from the suposed TG facility. Green Bay, WI. I was going to place an order and pick it up. No problem except everything that showed in stock on the web they did not have in their store. They didn't have a single 10mm barrel in stock and said 4 to 6 weeks to get one. Sound a little fishy? After a little web search I also found a couple other sites with the same GB address. ALLGLOCK and Glockworld. Oh yeah the person on the phone didn't seem to know much about Glocks. I would say Beware!!

G

·
I think it is common knowledge that TopGlock also does business under a whole slew of other names (and maybe other addresses too?). If it is not common knowledge, it should be, for everyone's safety. I don't know why they do so, since they are an internet operation and therefore aren't providing multiple physical locations for people to actually come to, but it is just one more thing about them which should have added up to me BEFORE I ordered from them and let them steal my credit card number.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Slow shipping or bad customer service are fine reasons to avoid a company.

But rather than bashing them here about CCs, you should be letting them know about it. Its obvious either an employee is taking information, or maybe someone has hacked their website and is able to get at order information.

A company of this size isn't going to do something this obvious- when ccs are reported stolen, they compare all of them for common transaction points- when a lot of them are from topglock, they'll know whats up.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
This story is pretty interesting. 100 online sites?
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=718679

That's amazing....Legitimate customers get their credit cards stolen, and "mommy-didn't-love-me" tantruming murderers get the products they ordered just fine... Seems like between the scrutiny from the antis and credit fraud accusations from you guys, they shouldn't be operating for long, but we'll see.

"It's a crazy world."
"Yeah, somebody ought to sell tickets."
"I'd buy one."
-Raising Arizona

1 - 20 of 89 Posts