GlockTalk Forum banner

20221 - 20240 of 20416 Posts

·
Registered
15,308 Posts
Ask and you shall receive.

Before I drank, I let it warm up a bit. Lots of complex beers with non fermentable sugars and added flavors benefit from this.

So first the smell. I didn't get peanut butter right away, but it was literally exactly like the skrewball peanut butter whisky I had awhile ago. It's a relatively fake aroma. Not unappealing but not really peanut butter either. Lots of lactose also which is added for body and mouthfeel.

The taste was not much different, this one is not very complex. If you like the Skrewball whiskey you will love this. Very sweet and flavored. Not a nice finish.

Don't think I would buy this particular one again. I really need to find another example of the peanut butter beers and a coconut one.
Lovely run down.

IMO many specifically flavored beers don't deliver.

I hate supposedly good beers with a weak or no finish. I can get that from Coors.

100% on the warm-up thing. To my nose and taste everything from white wine to good beer opens up nicely as it warms a little.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
when my nephew turned 21 two years ago, his parents "sponsored" a family contest on bringing the "best" beer for the event. I brought Curmudgeon's Better Half, and it won the contest! even Coors Light drinkers [somehow] appreciated the flavor! [if I had to guess, it was because there is a sweetness associated with CBH].

one of my personal favorites, as well!

·
Pinky Out
59,153 Posts
when my nephew turned 21 two years ago, his parents "sponsored" a family contest on bringing the "best" beer for the event. I brought The Better Half, and it won the contest! even Coors Light drinkers [somehow] appreciated the flavor! [if I had to guess, it was because there is a sweetness associated with TBH].

one of my personal favorites, as well!
This is the last one in my beer-stash.
I was afraid to keep it any longer as I have had it a few years and wanted to enjoy it before it reaches its expiration.

Defiantly not a common taste. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Reactions: G30SF/F-250

·
Pinky Out
59,153 Posts
The local Giant.:wavey:
Yes I just quoted myself.....:upeyes:

I just noticed on the bottom of the label it says “Exclusively for Giant”

I wonder how far they are distributing it.

Reactions: RPK Clone
20221 - 20240 of 20416 Posts