From Glock to H&K P2000

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by QWKDRAW, Aug 14, 2005.

1. QWKDRAW

QWKDRAW

Hey gents:

Long time user of this Glock forum, but did not know about this H&K sub-forum. Anyway, here is my question. I'm working the border for Customs and we are issued the Glock 17 (NY-1 trigger) and as you know they have decided to phase out the Glock and replace with the H&K P2000 in .40 caliber. Am I going to have any transition problems ? I occassionaly carry the G17 off duty in a pancake holster, so is the P2000 going to be easier or harder to conceal ? More felt recoil or less ? I tried my friend's H&K .40 USP with LEM trigger and was shocked at the very long trigger pull compared to my issue Glock. I guess I could get used to it after awhile of practice. Is the trigger pull better on the P2000 ??

2. ClearDark

ClearDark

The P2000 is easier to conceal than the G17. The G17 is a fullsize gun, the P2000 is comparable to the Glock 19 in size.

As far as the trigger, it will most likely have the LEM (law enforcement modification) rather than the standard DA/SA that the Variant 3 P2k has. The USP you shot was DA/SA, not LEM.

The LEM trigger is very similar to GLOCKs trigger. Short, light, crisp, and has a very short reset. It also has a second strike capability. Just shoot it alot and get used to the trigger. The Variant 2 which is probably what you will get has a 7.5-8.5lb trigger pull, the Variant 1 is closer to 5-6 pounds, but it will probably be Var2.

I love the LEM trigger. You wont be disappointed.

3. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

My duty gun is a Glock 19. I personally own a P2000 in 9mm. The trigger pull is long, but you can get used to it, however carrying and shooting both pistols alternately can be problematic. The H&K is thinner and carries easier than the 19. Both are good guns, but the LEM trigger requires learning and full-time usage to be completely proficient.

4. LGCubana

LGCubana Guns & Cigars

Going from 9mm ---> .40 will definetly increase your felt recoil.

5. dwestfall

dwestfall Millennium Member

6. ClearDark

ClearDark

The 8lb LEM trigger feels just as smooth to me as the 5.5lb Glock uses. The reset is a little longer, but its still a good feel.

7. buddyRoland

buddyRoland Proud Pop

As a previous owner of a P2000 I can state that it doesn't recoil as much as a G19 or P229. It's very smooth, at least it was for me. I just couldn't master the LEM. I will get a P2000 or USPc in DA/SA next round.

8. davidkeough

davidkeough

Now that's the last thing they need, hair trigger 1911's. Now the LEM, is not
    going to be all that bad, from what I've been told. Higher bore axes big deal
    and as for the recoil, sure it's going to be a little more, now the trigger feel is
    going to be alot better as compared to the Glocks trigger.

My USP .40 S&W, feels much, much better than my Glocks trigger and it's
    my understanding that the P2000 was developed for the U.S. market, and
    is supposed to appeal to the 1911 shooters, from what I've read.

Now if you ask me, in my opinion if I were Border Patrol, I would have one.

9. ClearDark

ClearDark

The P2000 was developed for the German Polizi, uses the features found in the USP/USPc series that law enforcement wanted, like the LEM trigger. They also had smaller females in mind when they decided on the adjustable backstrap. It's the best of both worlds IMO.

10. Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

Just to clear up or add to this subject. INS has been using the USPc 40 for a couple of years in the LEM configuration and currently under the DHS they are just getting around to offering the 2000. Of course they are only offering the heavier trigger pull and will not allow it to be modified.

11. bac1023

bac1023

If your going with the LEM trigger, it will take some time to get used to. It feels much diiferent than a Glock's trigger.