From CA to MN...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Aug 4, 2018.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Southwest Minnesota traffic stop nets 58 pounds of marijuana

MOUNTAIN LAKE, Minn. — Two Wednesday, Aug. 1, traffic stops in Cottonwood County resulted in the confiscation of nearly 60 pounds of marijuana, more than $13,000 and six arrests.

According to criminal complaints, two vehicles bearing California license plates were stopped after 1 a.m.

Upon contact with one of the vehicles, a police officer detected an odor suspected to be marijuana. Occupants of both vehicles claimed to have been traveling from California to Minneapolis for a family reunion.

When the officer determined a K-9 sniff was believed to be warranted, the driver, Sean Wilcoxson Jr., said that anything found in the vehicle was his.

Two suitcases containing dozens of vacuum sealed bags with marijuana were allegedly discovered. The weight was totaled at 58 pounds.

[https://www]

MOUNTAIN LAKE, Minn. — Two Wednesday, Aug. 1, traffic stops in Cottonwood County resulted in the confiscation of nearly 60 pounds of marijuana, more than $13,000 and six arrests.

According to criminal complaints, two vehicles bearing California license plates were stopped after 1 a.m.

Upon contact with one of the vehicles, a police officer detected an odor suspected to be marijuana. Occupants of both vehicles claimed to have been traveling from California to Minneapolis for a family reunion.

When the officer determined a K-9 sniff was believed to be warranted, the driver, Sean Wilcoxson Jr., said that anything found in the vehicle was his.

Two suitcases containing dozens of vacuum sealed bags with marijuana were allegedly discovered. The weight was totaled at 58 pounds.

Officers also confiscated $13,588 in cash.

Occupants from the two vehicles include: Ambria Gardner-Henry, 21; Tonee Love Jr., 21; Wilcoxson, 23; Malasia Pearson, 23; Carnail Stokes, 42; and Themerrious Stokes, 24. All occupants are charged with first-degree drug sale. Wilcoxson, Gardner-Henry and Love additionally face second-degree possession charges and Wilcoxson is also charged with giving a peace officer a false name.

Mountain Lake is located about 50 miles southwest of New Ulm.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/n...nnesota-traffic-stop-nets-58-pounds-marijuana
    --------------------------

Tipped off? Or did the weed reek that bad? :dunno:

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

C_Hallbert likes this.
  2. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

It never ceases to amaze me that people who smoke pot are CONVINCED that nobody can smell it. I’m in and out of cars every day and probably 1 in 10 has the burned weed or raw weed smell. Many times I can smell it before I open the door to get in.

Those police dogs have to think people are stupid...

RustyL, sombunya, larry_minn and 5 others like this.

3. Fixxer

Fixxer Got ointment?

Some of the loudest pot critics I know are also the worst chronic alcoholics.
    They are unable to even attend a kid's birthday party without a case of beer in hand. If the host says 'no alcohol', they either stand by their trunk drinking in the street, or they just don't attend the party.

Biggest difference I can see between pot smokers and alcoholics is that the pot smokers tend to be more reserved, and the drunks actually think they are cute and clever. Drunks also think they can fight, and it is routine to see fights anywhere alcohol is served.

Some people smoke. Others smoke weed. Others drink. Some do coke. Some are heroin addicts. there are plenty of pill poppers.

Meth. Ecstasy. Oxycontin. Booze. Weed.

People have been getting high since the opposable thumb was invented, and probably before then.

MO's Dink likes this.
  4. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

And for the measly 58 lbs. that was apprehended, 4.879 lbs got through. Good work guys.

5. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    58 lbs > 4.879 lbs :welcome:

pgg00 likes this.
  6. pgg00

pgg00

Beat me to it :D

TBO likes this.
  7. pgg00

pgg00

I was stopped once off of I80 in Nebraska years ago. Ended up talking to the trooper for a bit. He was almost ready to retire. I was the 2nd person in his career with CA plates that he had stopped that did not have dope. It's amazing the amount of drugs running through there.

nosuchagency and TBO like this.
  8. mike0262p

mike0262p Spider

the old saying, "cops have the best dope". :dancingbanana:

9. Hicksville Kid

Hicksville Kid

Lemme put my criminal hat on here and cogitate on our plan.

1. Middle of the night.
    2. Middle of Nowheresville, MN
    3. Two cars with CA plates 2000 miles from home
    4. What could go wrong?
    FAIL
    There probably aren’t 50 cars with CA plates in all of MN and we have two on the same section of road. What a coincidence!

TBO likes this.
  10. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

****, that will teach me to post when I'm not awake. I just been had. I don't suppose that anyone would believe me if I said that that was the first mistake that I've ever made? :outtahere:

pgg00 and TBO like this.
  11. Maxw

Maxw

Two years ago I was driving back from CO after spending a couple of weeks helping a friend of 43 years get his affairs in order before he died. I was not more than 10 miles into Kansas when a trooper pulled me pulled me over for 2 mph over the limit. After we established that a) he could not search without a warrent and b) I am a former LEO I asked why he pulled me over. Most cars with tags to the east of Kansas have varying amounts of MJ providing a good source of arrests and seizures. We parted ways on a friendly manner with me amazed at the number of people that jeopardize their legal rights for weed. I guess that is why it is called dope.

12. Fixxer

Fixxer Got ointment?

So do you have the same contempt for drunk drivers? How about those people who go to Best Buy and buy keyboard cleaner and huff it while driving out of the parking lot?

Guy up in Saint Cloud a few weeks ago did exactly that and went the wrong way on Division Street. He hit and killed two.

Is he somehow better than a pot smoker or raging alcoholic?

13. Maxw

Maxw

I had two officers killed on duty by drunk drivers while I was a LEO, in my opinion all drivers under the influence of any mind altering substance while driving should receive a life sentence and all assets seized for reparations to victims families. So no, booze, glue or narcotics are the same.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    pgg00 likes this.
  14. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

I'm a water treatment operator and I'm always surprised how people can smell the chlorine in Sodium Hypochlorite before I can.

15. pgg00

pgg00

I arrested someone 2 weeks for DUI for huffing and driving. I hold all impaired drivers in contempt. A doper is no better than a drunk or a tweaker or a pill popper. All of them have decided that their selfishness is more important than the lives of others.

TBO and C_Hallbert like this.
  16. RustyL

RustyL

Enroute to hunting last Friday in ****hole Arkansas I stopped at a fastfood place. I swear it look like Cheech and Chongs ride, smoke was rolling out of the window, the window was about 1 inch down, the smell of weed was strong. I almost jumped in with them, hahaha j/k j/k