Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading here on Glocktalk about the "amazing" Frog Lube. I have a quick couple questions.
1. Where do most of you buy it?
2. I've seen it offered in a Kit, liquid, and paste. Which do you use and for what? I've got a Glock 20sf.
3. Is it really that much better than what is already out there?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I've been reading here on Glocktalk about the "amazing" Frog Lube. I have a quick couple questions.
1. Where do most of you buy it?
2. I've seen it offered in a Kit, liquid, and paste. Which do you use and for what? I've got a Glock 20sf.
3. Is it really that much better than what is already out there?

Thanks for your time.
$22.50 with free shipping..
http://www.botachtactical.com/froglubeflkit.html

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,108 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I bought my kit on eBay. I use it on only one of my Glocks. Jury is still out on its effectiveness...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I know one good thing about the lube. I treated barrels with it and get a lot less leading afterward.

Before I would have some lead streaking in both my 1911's and Glocks but now I don't and the barrel comes clean with just patches.

This is using wheel weights,unsized bullets coated with Liquid Alox

·
Registered
311 Posts
So seriously...should I not use it on my Glocks?

The kit I purchased has been sittin' for a few months now...I wanted to finish up the Hoppes No. 9 and the Hoppes Elite oil that I'm currently using.

Is the Frog Lube bad for my pistols? Should I just throw the kit in the garbage and not risk causing any damage to my Glocks?

Ya'll are making me paranoid to even consider applying Frog Lube to my pistols...:faint:

·
Tacticool brah!
1,589 Posts
Yeah the past month or two I kept seeing threads all over this place about Frog Lube, I didn't even bother opening them cause I figured, just another fancy schmancy lube name that's the flavor of the week.
But now I gotta know, what's the dealy yo? School us followers of Pythagoras about some frog lube, por favor.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Froglube smells good and seams to work, but I prefer Ballistol.. Ballistol
is so much easier to use, in my opinion...

·
Registered
323 Posts
I use a new product called Buffalo spunk, Much better lubricity over froglube...Buffalo spunk has even been tested against Mongoose piss & Rattlesnake vemon. It has come out on top in all rigorous field/ laboratory testing...:cool:
And you can only get it through my distributor. PM me for details. 20% off for the first 50 inquires. There after the regular price of 19.95 will apply, 5.95 for shipping. If your not totally satisfied with buffalo spunk send it back no questions asked for a full refund!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use it currently, but not sure how long. One of frog lubes claims has already been shot down by a member. They say that it increases velocity, with the other member showed false (at least on his tests). Combine that with frog lube not releasing any test results or anything except extraordinary claims, it makes me wonder. I don't think it will damage anything though. SOme members here actually shoot their glocks completely dry and say they have no issue.

·
Second2None
626 Posts
Yeah the past month or two I kept seeing threads all over this place about Frog Lube, I didn't even bother opening them cause I figured, just another fancy schmancy lube name that's the flavor of the week.
But now I gotta know, what's the dealy yo? School us followers of Pythagoras about some frog lube, por favor.
your avatar is hilarious. you must be from Texas

·
Registered
129 Posts
So seriously...should I not use it on my Glocks?

The kit I purchased has been sittin' for a few months now...I wanted to finish up the Hoppes No. 9 and the Hoppes Elite oil that I'm currently using.

Is the Frog Lube bad for my pistols? Should I just throw the kit in the garbage and not risk causing any damage to my Glocks?

Ya'll are making me paranoid to even consider applying Frog Lube to my pistols...:faint:
It would seem most any product will work some people find results they like from certain ones but I doubt any of them will damage your gun unless used improperly somehow or mixed with something that didn't play well chemically either way im no expert but it seems highly unlikely any damage would occur from any product you grab off the shelf

Edit I have used frog lube without issues, dunno that it's the best thing around town but it has done fine for me

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It's good stuff, won't damage your pistol. It has better corrosion resistance, staying power and lubricity than quite a few typical oils and CLP.

Smells better than most oils, cleaners and CLPs, is safer than most and as safe as all of those products as well

1 - 20 of 32 Posts