Frisco Gun Club coming soon?!

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by FriscoCHL, Apr 25, 2012.

1. FriscoCHL

FriscoCHL

2. D.S.Brown

D.S.Brown Millennium Member

I know a couple of the owners. This place is going to be North Texas's version of Scottsdale Gun Club, only MUCH better. Can't wait for them to open later this year.

Best,

Dave

3. TexasGlock23

TexasGlock23 Salty Collar

Went to ground breaking, sure is a waste and shame there will not be a rifle range at this one https://www.friscogun.com/.

Here's to hoping this range will open up soon.

The excuse I got was that they are gearing towards the tactical guys. The surrounding areas are full of hunters who would at minimum want to sight in a test their guns now and then.

So now what will Bullet Trap call theirs? The DFW Gun Range investors stated theirs is the Frisco Gun club...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. TexasGlock23

5. D.S.Brown

D.S.Brown Millennium Member

Didn't know about that. To be honest after having worked at an indoor range for almost 11 years, I never really understood the reasoning at sighting in a hunting rifle indoors on a 25 yard range.

I'm not much of a rifle guy, but when I shoot them I'd like to at least have the opportunity to shoot at 100 yards for sighting in purposes. I know some of the rifle shooters I spoke to said they didn't like shooting outside, because they didn't like shooting when it was too hot or too cold. Never really made much sense to me, but hey what do I know. I'm just a former dumb Army grunt from way back, and whenever I had to requalify with any of my weapons it was either wet, cold, humid, and/or hot, and usually a combo of two of the latter. I can count on one hand and have a few fingers left over the number of days I went to the range in the Army, where it was sunny, mid 60's to low 70's with a light breeze.:supergrin:

Still I think this creates an amazing opportunity for an
    entrepeneur to create that 100+ yard outdoor rifle range in North Texas. Sounds like it would be needed, especially for hunters wanting to sight in their rifles. Hmmmm its got me thinking.

Best,

Dave

6. FriscoCHL

FriscoCHL

Well, not sure what's going on with these two. The sign I posted and the one you posted are only like a 1/4 mile from each other. Both saying that they are the frisco gun club but have different "owners"? One saying the bullet trap and the other stateing affiliation with the DFW gun range.

The bullet trap one does say it will have 4 100 yrd rifle ranges. How ever last I looked the web site doesn't work...

7. TexasGlock23

exactly...confused too!

I understand what you mean D.S., but we would settle for 25-50 for a basic sight in and function test over NOTHING.

8. TexasGlock23

It could have even been a separate area, but I am sure there would have been more paperwork and backdoor politics for that.

When I first built my 6.8 AR, I needed to test fire it to ensure all was well, and to sight in my new mount and optics, there are limited options. Unfortunately I do not have a lease with free roam as some do. And driving out, paying fees and ammo at some of these places is not only expensive, but also an inconvenience. I just wish they had at least some option for us guys. I shoot handguns more, and I am sure I will visit there once, but as far as becoming a member now, nah! I need a place that I can do both, not pay for one, only to head a different direction when I want to bring the rifles out.

9. newbirdhunter

newbirdhunter

Ridiculous prices and a country club atmosphere meant to appeal to the weekend warrior with more money than sense.

If these gun owners are faced with no other choice but to use their guns, will they ask that the conflict be halted long enough to be moved inside where it's air conditioned? :rofl: