close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Friendly Competition

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 4MUL8R, Feb 25, 2003.

1. 4MUL8R

4MUL8R

Now don't let this get into a forum war on brands, but I was wondering if the GSSF experts had ever 'tested' another brand of pistol that met the general spirit of the GSSF rules. I was thinking that someone might have brought and fired a USP or P99 or something similar that fit the general rules like "10 rounds" and "partridge sights" and "stock" on an unofficial basis. Always wondered if such a test could enhance the reputation of the Glock--you know, low bore axis, identical trigger pull shot after shot, etc.

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I can't imagine that happening. I have seen Chris pick up his Glock and go head to head with GJM89 on the plates though. That's pretty entertaining. ;f GSSF matches are for Glock owners to have a good time, learn a little about their pistol and maybe even win a little something. You could always set up the match unofficially and try it out. :)

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Chipster;

Your point is well taken however I think I would rather stop shooting GSSF rather than see that happen. It would no longer be the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation. Its Glock sponsored for Glock owners to have fun with their Glocks and highlite the performance of a Glock to sell more Glocks. Lets keep it strictly Glocks, if other gun manufactures want to invest in this type of a program great then maybe we could have a challenge match between GSSF and ---------. No flames intended just giving my personal opinion.

4. 4MUL8R

4MUL8R

Let me clarify. I don't want to institute such competition within GSSF. I just wondered if anyone had ever tried another brand of pistol, in the spirit of inquiry, friendly competition, etc.

5. Fireglock

And I've never seen it. Matches are so busy on Saturdays just getting the shooters through is a challange for the staff and ROs. I can't speak for GSSF but I don't think this is something they would allow. But, you could try it at a practice match.

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Nope. It's enough of a challenge to get all the Glock shooters thru all the stages in a weekend.

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Chipster
    What do you think Smith & Wesson would say to someone that wanted to shoot a Colt Python in their wheel gun match;d ;L ;v
    Dan:cool:

8. 4MUL8R

4MUL8R

I don't know. Didn't know S&W matches existed. I would hope that the rules of the official match would be followed, and only S&W allowed to compete. I'd also hope that a "match race" would be offered at the conclusion of the event, so as not to interfere with all the official shooting, to accomodate the Colt shooter and answer (a)how good is the Colt shooter and (b)how does a Colt fare in this course of fire. Obviously if there is not enough time for such frivolities, one couldn't offer the Colt shooter such a match.

9. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..I suppose, if I had another type of pistol, I'd set up the COFs and shoot it. But frankly, the reason I went to shooting a Glock was I shoot them better and they last longer than other brands of pistols I have owned (broke 2-P226s: cracked slides; broke 2-92Fs).

..so now I own only Glocks, with the exception of the S&W M629 I have that is..broke..and needs work.

I shoot IDPA & IPSC where I compete against shooters w/different brands of pistols. Guess that fills the "void" your referring to.

Jay

10. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

I ran thru the GSSF course with one of my shooting buddies. He shoots a Beretta and shoots it well. Plenty of competition there.

I regularly test my Glock(s) against any and all other shooting platforms in other shooting competitions (USPSA, NRA Bianchi, Steel Challenge, etc.). The Glock hold up pretty well for me.

It's the shooter more often than the gun.

11. Lew-G17

Lew-G17

You can basically do this by going to a range that has a goos selection of rental guns and trying them out head to head. That's what I did before I bought my Glock. For peace of mind it was money well spent.

12. GJM89

GJM89

Jerry, do I currently hold the bragging rights or does Chris????;d ;d ;d

13. Fireglock

Well at Conyers it looked to be a toss up. Looked good for you then good for Chris, too close for me to call. It was entertaining though. ;f You bringing your 21 to Anderson?

14. GJM89

GJM89

Jerry, depends on what Bob loads for me.

15. John45ACP

John45ACP

Well, I shoot USPSA with my Kimber and you see lots of different manufacturers represented. I shoot GSSF with my Glock. If you want to shoot against other brands shoot USPSA - anyway both are a lot of fun.

16. YAMAMA

YAMAMA Got Glock?