Fresno city/county residents....check this out

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by magsnubby, Aug 30, 2007.

1. magsnubby

magsnubby NRA LIFE MEMBER

2. painkiller

painkiller

good luck getting it.that butch mims claims only ten permits have been denied,she is full of CRAP.madera will give u one no problem.****** mims

painkiller if you want to remain on this board, do not try to bypass the language filter again!

3. magsnubby

You have anything to back that up?

4. Gothic_TNT

Gothic_TNT

Thanks for the update, Sooner or later I'll try my luck...

5. painkiller

painkiller

magsnubby,
    she went on fox 26 news about a month or 2 back saying how she has only denied 10 permits this year.well i know about 15 people who have been denied with more than enough cause,and me and a buddy have been denied as well.i'm telling you,i dont believe she has a decent ccw cause in her body unless its to the councilman that she wants to have return the sheriffs dept gun,whose name is escaping my mind.get this-my friend has a well known band.he does pretty good for himself with this band,even though he has a full time job 10 months of the year.he has at least $30K worth of equipment he hauls back and forth to gigs.sometimes down south sometimes up north,and more than likely,some dump that he shouldnt be in.he applied for one on the cause that he's been mugged for band equipment before,with statements,and jimmy said he(#1) needs a business lic and (#2)better cause than that.well if that isnt enough what is?what happenend to self protection?besides madera county is labeled green on packing.org,which is pretty much shall issue!

6. premiertactical

premiertactical

I am a Fresno County CCW Instructor, and I honestly, do not know ONE, thats right 1 person who HAS been denied. And I encourage persons to apply ALL the time.. At least 2-3 times weekly.... Thats allot for me..

There are reasons you may be denied. I suggest the more consistent reason denials are given are more due to applicants not being forthcoming, and fail to realize, any and all Police contact will be looked at.. Your City and County contacts will be looked at.
    If your name pulls up a case number, there you go.
    If you have contacts involving domestic issues, fights, drunk in public..DUI.. and others.. You may very well be denied.

I am not suggesting he , or any of the others have engaged in such behavior, I merely showing the multitude of reasons one can be denied.

Always apply. Those guys in that unit WILL WORK with you in they believe you to be forthcoming.

Additionally, see about getting a print out of your DOJ Criminal History..Contact Calif DOJ, and then call City/County to find out if you can get that history also.

Again, more will be turned down, or discouraged for nothing more, then there is an issue with credibility, or honesty.

Again, not to suggest painkiller or the others he knows were not honest.

7. painkiller

painkiller

well i personally know my background is squeaky clean,not a bump in the road anywhere,aside of a fix-it ticket,which i mentioned.if i can pass a background check for an LEO,i imaginr i could pass one for a ccw.

8. magsnubby

So you applied for a ccw and was turned down? Was that before or after a background check for LEO?

9. premiertactical

premiertactical

I applied many years ago for a County CCW.
    I also could pass LEO backgrounds... But, I didn't account for some court case that happened many years earlier, since I wrongly assumed they had been removed when I had them expunged.
    And thusly I was turned down for the County CCW. I tried an appeal with the County, but to no avail.

They never told me what had stopped the process for me.
    I am glad Jimmy {from the SO CCW } worked with me, and helped me.

Just passing an LEO background, in my opinion does not mean much anything, as it relates to the County process.
    I found out the County process proved harder.

I can assume you were turned down after the interview, but before the fingerprints?
    If the SO had found merit in your reason to carry, so they started the process for you, but ended it after the interview.. Then it that can only mean they found something that was inconsistent.

Nothing else makes sense.

The only point I want to make in this thread is the importance of being totally upfront.. ONLY about behavior which there is a record about.
    Get copies of your Criminal History from all, if you really want to cover all bases.