close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Free Subscription to Field and Stream...limited

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Brian0128, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Brian0128

Brian0128

2. onemilmhz

onemilmhz Ten Ninety Five

I'm not knocking F&S, their a great magazine with a lot of good articles. However, their subscription department is half cocked. I paid for a two year subscription a few years ago and never re-subscribed. I expected my mags to stop coming but six months later I was still receiving them. Then in the mail I get a bill for the extra issues. Keep in mind, I never extended my subscription, they just kept coming. In fact, I threw away several offers to renew. Then a few months ago I get a collection letter from some agency saying they are attempting to collect $19.95 from me for an over due subscription! I THINK NOT. I called the agency and explained the situation and was told that they were just doing what the publisher paid them to do. I thanked them for their courteousness and told them kindly they would see no money from me. Haven't heard from them since. I know it's only $20 bucks and I did receive several extra issues, but it's the principle. I paid for what I ordered and I'm not about to shell out even one dollar extra for their mistake.

3. whiskerz

whiskerz

why do i think this is a scam ???????;f

4. vafish

vafish

onemilmhz,

I had the same thing happen with Gun Tests magazine. But, it was only after 2 issues and the collection agency wanted payment for a whole year.

Now whenever they send me one of their subscription offers (with the no postage needed envelope) I just run the little card through the shredder and mail it back to them at their expense.