After repairing a stock yesterday and looking for parts I came across a .22 air pistol that I had as a kid. It sparked memories of darts we made for with our air guns. Some straight pins from shirts I received for Christmas and the ends off of old shoe laces provided the components. First cut of the end of an (unused) shoelace. Then with one straight pin fray it so its full. Next trim the fray so it is symmetrical and insert another pin (if you bent the first one) into the center. One pump on my old Benjamin pistol was all it took to send them to the target. I only had a few decent ends to work with so I also tried Q-tips and doctor style cotton swabs, they worked but were quite inaccurate, relative to the shoelace end dart. I tried them from 1 to 5 pumps getting 141.5 fps, 223.7 fps, 292.3 fps, 368.4 fps and 395.5 fps respectively. 1 pump was more than enough for 15 distance to target, at 3 damage to the target began and at 5 damage to the dart itself begins at least that close to the target.