close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FREE HP LaserJet printer (2686A) in WA

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by frerk, Mar 30, 2004.

1. frerk

frerk

Older (1986) HP LaserJet 2686A, but still in great condition. Prints test page just fine. Has serial connection ONLY and a 25-pin serial cable. Nobody I know wants it, I don't expect any of you to either. Weighs 71 lbs so not shipping it anywhere for any reason (okay, maybe for $100G). Located in Western Washington (Puyallup area). If for some crazy reason you want a laser printer with serial connection then this is all yours. Even comes with a dust cover.

2. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

Someone will be more than interested in it I think... Have you tried using it with either a serial card or one of those stand-alone port converters?
    If it wouldn't cost a fortune, I'd try to get it from you but I'm afraid it wouldn't be worth the shipping/packaging cost even if you would ship... :(

Thanks for the offer.

3. frerk

frerk

A friend gave it to me for use with my laptop, which doesnt have any serial ports. Another friend got an inkjet with a new Dell system and said I coult have it, so I didnt look for any port converters. I agree that it would probably cost more to ship it safely than the printer is worth. Thanks for the reply

4. glockman99

glockman99 Millennium Member

Maybe you can donate it to a good non-profit org. in your area?