Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stopped by one of our local shops to pick up some ammo. Heavy set fellow walked in the doors before me caring a glock clam shell. Didn't take me long to realize he had been in before about the current trade he was wanting to make. First he started out with "so you said you would give me $365 for it right"?? Counter.guy said "no I wouldn't of gave you an odd number, I said $350". Then the man was upset that he had a bunch of reloads for the g20 that he wanted to trade for factory ammo for the sig365. Finally the counter guy made the man realize why he couldn't take his used reloaded ammo. Lol
Then the man wanted to know if it came with a holster, it did, and wanted to know how it worked. It was the factory iwb kydex holster. He didn't much care for it, due to being so big and his gut hanging over his belt I'm sure. He was pretty upset that new holsters he was looking at started at about $50 and wanted to know if he could trade the factory holster towards a new one. He didn't seem to have an issue that Sig cant keep up with demand right now and it only came with one "clip" but there was a voucher for 2 "clips" when they became available. So in the end it looked like he traded a LNIB gen3 g20 for a sig365 and only had to pay an extra $200!!! I should of just walked him out in the parking lot and bought the thing for $400. Obviously you would of had to be there to see the show in its full glory but I hope you got the jest of it.

P.S. He said he's getting his concealed carry permit soon!

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,625 Posts
Seen similar many many times

Reactions: -JCN-

·
Premium Member
26,243 Posts
The temptations to horn in on deals. My personal opinion is if the guy sounds like he is going to walk. I leave. After he exits store. “You didn’t let them buy it for $350 did you?”

If he says no. “I heard you ask $365? I will give you $375 cash if you want to sell it”. Sadly most sell in store.

Friend of my sis married a guy who was busted for drugs... he was getting out, she needed to get rid of his guns. To be nice guy I suggested she take them to gun store. Whatever they offered I would beat. “Tell them you have to get your husbands ok on amount, will call that evening with his decision” type thing. I assured her I would pay more.

They told her this price good now only, if boss finds out.... she gave them away. If I had given her $100 per gun. She would have gotten more. M1 carbine, 870, S$W 59, a scoped bolt iirc 308 or 243 .... I was so ticked.

·
Registered
43,594 Posts

·
Glock Fanboi
2,468 Posts
My son-in-law was just a bit smaller than this guy. He died of heart failure a day before his 45th birthday.

·
Registered
21,414 Posts
I would just offered the guy the $375.00 or whatever he wanted right in front of the sales guy. I have no problem doing that. as they have no problem screwing me over . but that is just me .
I did that to one trying to sell a beretta 92. Thing was in immaculate shape. Doubt it had more than 2 boxes of ammunition through it. All the original paperwork as well

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Stopped by one of our local shops to pick up some ammo. Heavy set fellow walked in the doors before me caring a glock clam shell. Didn't take me long to realize he had been in before about the current trade he was wanting to make. First he started out with "so you said you would give me $365 for it right"?? Counter.guy said "no I wouldn't of gave you an odd number, I said $350". Then the man was upset that he had a bunch of reloads for the g20 that he wanted to trade for factory ammo for the sig365. Finally the counter guy made the man realize why he couldn't take his used reloaded ammo. Lol
Then the man wanted to know if it came with a holster, it did, and wanted to know how it worked. It was the factory iwb kydex holster. He didn't much care for it, due to being so big and his gut hanging over his belt I'm sure. He was pretty upset that new holsters he was looking at started at about $50 and wanted to know if he could trade the factory holster towards a new one. He didn't seem to have an issue that Sig cant keep up with demand right now and it only came with one "clip" but there was a voucher for 2 "clips" when they became available. So in the end it looked like he traded a LNIB gen3 g20 for a sig365 and only had to pay an extra $200!!! I should of just walked him out in the parking lot and bought the thing for $400. Obviously you would of had to be there to see the show in its full glory but I hope you got the jest of it.

P.S. He said he's getting his concealed carry permit soon!

You shouldn't gossip about fellow GlockTalk members. Its a gentlemans code kinda thing.

/

·
Registered
5,809 Posts

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,926 Posts
Well yes. If you follow the interwebs wisdom, the glock 20 10mm is the old gun that should be stacked and replaced. The new and improved sidearm, the Sig's 365....is best handgun caliber 9mm, is the rage with the popo's.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I tried to buy a gun off a guy like that once. The store manager read me the riot act and asked me to leave and not come back. Rather than make a scene, I complied.
Because it is like you offering the guy a steak for less than menu price at the restaurant. I know...it’s tempting but you have to leave the store before you approach said seller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
I tried to buy a gun off a guy like that once. The store manager read me the riot act and asked me to leave and not come back. Rather than make a scene, I complied.
I would have been upset as well. To have and use commercial property, whether you own or rent, it is really expensive to keep the doors open. Utilities, water & sewer, trash, insurance, property taxes, and interest on any loan related to that property or business are all charged at a much steeper rate just because that property is zoned commercial. In my case I also pay an annual ownership tax on any piece of machinery or tools valued over $500, annual permits and licenses, 2-4 annual inspections, and have to try and abide by a myriad of rules and regs from several city and federal agencies, and my insurance company as well. Most home owners have no concept how much more commercial or industrial property owners pay for basically the same services. For you to come in and try and out bid him in his storefront is literally taking food out of his mouth; plus it is just plain disrespectful as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 55 Posts