Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell man. American Telephone & Telegraph has GPS phones these days. It costs 10 bucks a month for the service THEN if you use the damn thing they freakin charge you for using the damn thing. What the hell is that:headscratch: OK charge'em for using the thing I understand but to charge 10 bucks a month also, they can shove that up their ass:upeyes::steamed:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm just a tight, mean old crotchety bastard huh:alex::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
It is kind of like being charged for a rape kit.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Mountain Man
6,921 Posts
What the hell man. American Telephone & Telegraph has GPS phones these days. It costs 10 bucks a month for the service THEN if you use the damn thing they freakin charge you for using the damn thing. What the hell is that:headscratch: OK charge'em for using the thing I understand but to charge 10 bucks a month also, they can shove that up their ass:upeyes::steamed:
Okie:

I don't think I am understanding... the way I read what you wrote is that you can get an ATT cell phone for $10 a month plus paying for minutes...

But I don't think that is what you are saying... you are referring to... I use the GPS function on my ATT phone... no additional monthly or use fees...

What am I missing?

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okie:

I don't think I am understanding... the way I read what you wrote is that you can get an ATT cell phone for $10 a month plus paying for minutes...

But I don't think that is what you are saying... you are referring to... I use the GPS function on my ATT phone... no additional monthly or use fees...

What am I missing?
I am referring to GPS my friend. It costs a 10 bucks a month to have GPS then they charge you to use it above the 10 bucks.:faint:

·
Banned
4,622 Posts
Do they not sell maps & compasses in OK? :whistling::supergrin:

·
Misanthropical
9,249 Posts
I work for one cell company that gives free GPS with their data plans, and as a consumer I have another company that charges you $10 a month to use their GPS...

I'm assuming Okie, your company charges $10 for the service, but without a data plan, you are charged for every single bit you use.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm assuming Okie, your company charges $10 for the service, but without a data plan, you are charged for every single bit you use.
Yup, that's the way of it:supergrin:

·
Deus Diligo USA
3,204 Posts
I'm just a tight, mean old crotchety bastard huh:alex::rofl::rofl:
I just think you've taken notice lately of all the damned stupid and penny pinching greedy operations out there looking to scam hard working people just trying to get by and enjoy a little of the finer things in life.
I could easily go back to a pre WWII lifestyle where we didn't have all this new fangled junk that you have to pay through the nose to have.

·
Misanthropical
9,249 Posts
It's not as bad as Sprint and their $5 Picturemail plan. It's not available anymore unless you've had it since they started it. It works like this:

You have a voice plan with no internet, but you want to send pictures, which uses data, hey, check out this $5 plan that lets you send unlimited pics, great!

Now the catch is, you have to send it a certain way, sending it basically like a text message, if at anytime your phone (and every phone is different!) connects to the browser, that's $0.03 per kb. Average picture on the older phones, 200 kb. $0.60 each now.

Same problem at first with the Everything Messaging Plan. Suppose to give unlimited text and pics, but no data. Some people had "setup" issues and they were charged for every picture sent, up to the $75 cap for data charges.

·
Machetes & Guns
1,669 Posts
I think all you guys are confusing GPS and data downoads.

GPS connects between you and a bunch of satellites, your phone service could be off and you would still have one GPS device.

Now, IF you wanted to have those nice little maps and/or those high res aerial pics to go along with the GPS data (lat, long, asl) THEN you pay for that data download.

If there is some wacky ATT server based GPS, then disregard this post.

Posted from a Moto Q9 which is a GPS device and can also -whenever I have a phone signal- download data (maps and photo in real time) with my UNLIMITED* data plan.

:)

* which of course means it's capped at 5gb or is it 3
:rofl:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
46 Posts
Buy a Iphone 3g. You wont be sorry.
Actually you WILL be sorry, but ONLY because we should be getting newer, better iPhones in about 5-6 weeks.

Now is NOT the time to buy an iPhone, either wait to get the new model, or wait to get the leftover 3g's that Apple will blow out at clearance prices.

Futuristic

1 - 20 of 26 Posts