close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fraudulent Hickok45 Alert !

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hickok45, Dec 16, 2011.

1. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

Hey, I can't police the Internet, but I just wanted to at least post here at what I consider my "home forum," since I've probably spent more time on this forum than anywhere else the last 10 or 12 years, at least until the YouTube monster began to eat up my life and time. :)

Anyway, I'm paying the price for having grown the YouTube channel to where it is. At least one person has set up a copycat YouTube channel with a different spelling of Hickok and has copied all my profile text over to make it look exactly like MY channel. At a glance, you'd think you're at MY channel.

That's one thing, but he's also posted vulgar, mean comments on at least one other YouTuber's site. I was alerted by the guy who knew it was nothing I'd write. He noticed the spelling difference.

I have a mention on my home page about it, but I just wanted to solicit your help in this. Please copy and send to me on YouTube anything you see that looks suspicious in this regard. Anybody who knows me knows that I don't go around making obscene comments or being critical of anybody on the internet, so it should be obvious that it's not me. A check of the Hickok45 spelling is sufficient on YouTube. I spell it the way Wild Bill spelled it.

For one thing, with over 500 videos up now, I definitely live in a "Glass House," so I'm not likely to be throwing stones at anybody. OF course, I don't know what the mental state would be of someone doing this; they might just try to sound like ME. Who knows. I'll leave that to a good therapist; hopefully, the person will see one soon!

Generally, it should be obvious if someone is trying to make me look bad, or worse than I actually look! If I can get evidence of the text and date posted, I can pass it along to my attorney if it comes to that.

By the way, this is really me. I'm in the process of posting an XDm .45 Compact vs Glock 30 as I type. Actually, it's uploaded and processing right now. It was good to get out the Glock 30 again and play with it; I seem to forget about that thing. So many guns; so little time!

Appreciate your support!

Hickok45

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Good to know, thanks.

3. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Must be the price of the good job that You are doing.
    Thanks for this warning and your videos.
    Canada loves You :wavey: well in strictly professional way of course.

4. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Did you know you were going to be featured on the "Dumbest Hillbillies" episode?

PS Thanks for all the great reviews you do. I bought the Ruger LC9 in part due to your review.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  5. milje

milje

Me too! :cool:

I'll keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

Thanks for the great videos :supergrin:

6. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

Yes, they asked permission last spring about that. I think it's run two or three times now. Apparently it ran this week again, as I've been getting comments about it again.

Hard to believe they are showing me cutting down a tree with a firearm right there on TV when kids could be watching and having their little minds forever warped. :) You know, I just posted our Christmas Tree "harvest" for this year, and YouTube "age-restricted" it. How's that for irony?

I guess it was just so violent, cutting down a healthy, live tree with an evil shotgun. Maybe it's the bayonet. Who knows.

7. Shadyscott69

Shadyscott69

If you want to write up a little blurb, I will post it on our website and FB pages.

8. pugman

pugman

Let's face it...in today's world there will always be parasites.

And I've probably watched all 500 videos....twice :supergrin:

Maybe invite the person out to your range one day to make another zombie video...he could play the zombie and get full credit :supergrin:

9. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

That is pretty funny and ironic. Frankly, were I a tree I would much rather be shot than be hacked to death with a hachet or saw. :rofl:

10. 69stingray

69stingray 427 ci

I enjoy watching your videos and am both jealous and envious of your shootin range. :cool: Thanks for the heads up.

Ray

11. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Second2None

Wow. Maybe it was the whole i think i have an attatchment for this bayonet. Great videos been a fan for a longtime.

12. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

Anyone who has seen your videos will be able to tell the difference between you and the impostor. It really sucks that someone would do that. I love your videos, and can't wait to see more in the future.

13. carloglock19

carloglock19

Thanks for the heads up. I watch your videos all the time. Death to all who try to imitate Hickok45 :cool:

14. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Wait til the imposter shoots himself in the beee-hind and calls his parents. ;)

15. milje

milje

Trees have feelings too!

That reminds me of my class homecoming float from back in high school, we got points taken off because we cut down real trees to use as part of our scenery (small spruce trees). This is an area where logging has been one of the primary industries for a hundred years :faint:

16. okie

okie GT Mayor

I'll be on the look out, hickok45, I'm sorry this has happened. Thanks so much for the awesome 1911 videos my friend:thumbsup::patriot:

17. Shark1007

Shark1007

I am very appreciative of the great effort you've undertaken in producing all these videos. They have been very helpful to me personally in making decisions on firearm purchases, etc.

You have, no doubt, "branded" the name and have quite a following and if I can help, I'm available. Please see my PM

18. Boot Stomper

Boot Stomper

I'm a big fan of your youtube videos. Keep posting. Thanks.

19. Breadman03

Breadman03

I just posted a quote of your post over on an XD forum that I frequent. Hope it helps spread the word for you.

20. gunslinger3

gunslinger3 Μολὼν λαβέ

:agree: He is why I carry a Glock!