Frats are so damn stupid.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by CC Glock, Mar 1, 2010.

1. CC Glock

CC Glock

I go to Arkansas State University and it seems like this one Frat house is always in trouble. Last night at a party two drunk guys force a girl into a room and group her for awhile and let her go.

Last year a girl got raped at the same house, why the hell is this Frat house still open.:whistling:

2. Stang_Man

Stang_Man

Why would a girl even put herself into these types of situations, especially knowing the kind of reputations some of these frats have?

3. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

They are niave, ignorant, bury their head in the sand, or stupid. I know plenty of girls like that. They do really stupid dangerous crap like bringing random dudes home.

4. 23skidoo

23skidoo Deceased

Frats are so damn stupid because an alarming percentage of college students are functioning alcoholics.

5. CC Glock

CC Glock

+1
    Not to mention drugs either, they are always in trouble for pot too.

My question is why do these people seem to be above the UPD and why is the Frat still functioning?

6. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

Which is why I went out of my way to pledge Gamma Delta Iota in my undergrad... :tongueout:

kestrou

7. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Yeah and considering the offenders seem to be all male how come they allow non castrated males on campus at all?

As long as you're blaming groups, might as well do it right.

8. vtbluegrass

vtbluegrass

Hey not all functioning alcoholics in college belong to frats. Some of us were smart enough to know you didn't have to pay a membership fee to get drunk and party all the time with your friends. haha
    Hopefully those times stay memories and no lingering liver disease is waiting in the future.

9. Weiser 878

Weiser 878 R O C K E R

I went to the University of Alabama

Google "university of Alabama machine"

HBO even did a report on it.

I won't lambast all Fraternities. I probably would have stayed at the out of state school that I dropped out of if I weren't so depressed, and having an instant social circle probably would have alleviated a lot of my depression.

It's the power trips, man.

10. #1glocker19

#1glocker19 venivedivici

The only thing I pledged was Summa Cum-Laude. Had no incidents other than the obvious hard work and late nights.

11. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

When I was in my fraternity in college, there were many girls who really crossed the line as to putting themselves into dangerous situations, many. I would have a designated sober freshman walk them home with another girl, never alone. Bad BAD girls, you know the last one dancing on the floor, strobe lights, ten really drunk guys ogling them and they are the center of attention as they grind on a couple guys...bad hooey all around.

Me, I was happy to get raped in college, but then that is a double standard I enjoyed.

12. michael88

michael88

Ok so what you are saying is that because this certain group of individuals have a label, they are far less stupid/ignorant/insert comment here than all the other college males doing the same thing. or is it more of a bi product of as soon as they put on letters they all of a sudden become drunk/druggie/rapists? since we are lumping things together this morning why dont we say all college males are drunk rapists? why not all people who carry guns are murders? sounds like someone didnt get a bid.

13. CC Glock

CC Glock

So you're saying i am wrong by blaming this group?????

14. kirbydr1

kirbydr1

I was in a fraternity while I was an undergrad (Theta Xi) and had a great time. We did stupid crap, but nothing that would have risen to the level of what those jokers did.

Now I work within higher ed and can honestly say a possible reason nothing was done - or is being done - is probably because the girls have not filed a student code of conduct complaint with the Dean's office. If this has not happened, the administration is not aware of the problem. If the rape was reported and this type of activity is still happening, not only should a student code of conduct be filed again, but the fraternity's national body should be informed - in writing - as well.

15. KevR

KevR

Sounds like someone didn't get any bids...:rofl:

16. CC Glock

CC Glock

Sorry to bust your bubble but i never rushed. My problem is why this one House is still up and running after repeated acts of crime?

And why the hell would i want to pay to have friends, maybe you have to do that but i sure dont.

17. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

You're just doing exactly what this page is doing. It's up to you to see if you don't see anything wrong with it.

18. CC Glock

CC Glock

Trust me the university knows, it was all over the news last night.

19. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

I think you'll find what's sticking in many craws is your illustration of an entire category of people as one thing or another.

When discussing human behavior using words such as all, none, always and never has a nasty habit of making the rest of the statement false.

You're painting with an awfully broad brush, try staying away from absolutes and concentrate on the specifics you have evidence of.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  20. CC Glock

CC Glock

Going to these partys and raping girls isnt in the consitution though.