close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fraternal Order of Police opposes gun law changes in new bill

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hamster, Mar 29, 2010.

1. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

http://www.examiner.com/x-2206-Clev...-bill?cid=exrss-Cleveland-Gun-Rights-Examiner

Sorry for the bad formatting. Just click the link to the story for an easier read.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

I'm glad I don't live there.

3. Price

Price

I do live there, or here I guess, either way it's a serious unneccessary pain in the arse. I carry IWB so the laws about carrying in a vehicle aren't an issue for me but I know others that have to deal with it. As for restaurant carry laws, Those are a pain for everyone I think, and for absolutely no reason. I hate to see the FOP opposing this, a little common sense at the higher levels of the FOP would go a long way on this one. Hopefully it goes through.

4. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

As is, the Restaurant carry issue pretty much negates the reason I want to carry. When going to a downtown restaurant with my family, I'd like to be able to protect them. When I'm driving I don't drink, so the modified law would be perfect for me.

The FOP in Ohio was the major opponent to CCW in ohio when it first came out also. Our then "Republican" Governor Taft then insisted on the restaurant and other restrictions before he would sign the bill.

5. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

What really still blows me away is that people think a law is going to stop the bg from having/carrying a firearm. I cannot for the life of me understand that way of thinking. Jeez, I'm not a Vulcan but it's just friggin illogical.

6. Morris

Morris CLM

Understand that the FOP has been and remains rather anti-gun, unless you are a cop. They will tell you otherwise but they are antis. They hold so little influence in the Wild, Wild West but remain some sort of force east of the Miss.

I have nothing to do with them despite the annual attempts to get me to join.

7. Swanny

Swanny Raconteur

Carrying in an establishment that serves liquor rubs a lot of people the wrong way. What they don't realize is that you can't drink and carry. They all think it is going to be a bunch of drunks getting into a shootout. What we need to do is educate them.

8. HexHead

HexHead

The union thugs there are as bad as the police chief's assn. They think only cops should have guns.

9. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Show me the statistics...

Show me an iron clad argument for why transporting a loaded gun is more likely to result in violent crime than transporting an unloaded gun (particularly when the driver has a CC permit). Show me another iron clad argument that prohibiting guns in restaurants will reduce violent crime, or show me an iron clad argument that shows how fewer restrictions have resulted in violent crime increases.

Show me, and I'll at least listen. But the whole "we think this is bad" bullcrap is boring.

10. Truffle8Shuffle

Truffle8Shuffle

The dumb thing in Florida is that I CAN carry in a restaurant AND have a drink, but I CANNOT carry into the "bar area" of the same restaurant (or any place that is just a bar) even if I'm NOT carrying.:upeyes:

11. HexHead

HexHead

Yeah, good luck with that. We're fighting the same fight in TN, only difference is we had a law, and it got overturned by the bedwetters. You can't educate people that don't care about facts and only run on emotion. These ****tards dream up these incredible scenarios they are certain will occur and project their own fears onto everyone.

12. LoadedTech

LoadedTech

Same thing here in VA. Anti-gun bastages! No guns at Ruby Tuesday's or there will be blood in the streets......................

13. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

They only need to look at Nevada. There, you can open-carry into a bar AND drink, up to .10 BAC, and still be perfectly legal.

No blood in the streets or 'Wild Wild West' shootouts there.

14. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

Tell the Ohio FOP to talk to Texas cops. Maybe Texans can talk sense to them.

15. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Glad I live in a free state.

16. CAcop

CAcop

No kidding. FOP and BOP are non existant in CA. Mostly PORAC and COPS. And they mostly lobby to prevent silly little laws that affect thier members. This stuff in OH they wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

17. LoadedTech

LoadedTech

Try owning a Business, I get monthly calls while I am tring to make money.

18. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Thank you Morris. :cool:

'Drew