close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FrankenGlock Lives -- almost...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bushflyr, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Assembled from leftover and "garage sale" parts my "FrankenGlock" now runs... almost. I tried a standard G35 and G24 spring, no joy. The slide doesn't move hardly at all. I then slapped an old worn out g23 17# spring on my super duper custom SS extended guide rod. (Yes, it really is a 1/4" bolt with the head turned down) :cool: More FTE(ject). Working 1 loop at a time I clipped 3 coils. Better, but still not fully ejecting. And now when it's pointed up the slide comes back just a touch when the trigger is pulled. The firing pin spring is overcoming the recoil spring. :( So, I figure I need to do 2 things. Figure out the spring set up and lighten the slide. Are the full size springs much longer than the compact springs? Enough to make a difference in a light spring weight (15 or 17# probably)? And, is there anything to watch out for when drilling a slide? I'd start with a few holes, random size and pattern, in the area in front of the carver mount. tia for any help.

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Um, Bushflyr?

Is that comp affixed to both the muzzle and the end of the spring guide, as it appears in the photo?!

Glock barrels need to pivot down in the rear by 10° or more to allow for proper function. I'm guessing it is binding up something fierce!

I'm thinking if you ran a stock barrel and rod/spring, you'd be fine...you will likely need to modify the compensator to allow for a non-fixed guide rod, though.

Good luck and stay safe!

FastVFR

3. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

No, they're not attached, it just looks that way on the pic. There's no binding going on.