Frame mods on stock class gun?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cgv69, Nov 3, 2005.

1. cgv69

cgv69

Hey guys,

I was going through the rules but didn't see this specifically mentioned.

Are Glocks that have had their frames modified (but are otherwise stock) allowed in the stock class? Specifically guns that have had their finger groves removed, grip reduced and\or re-textured?

Thanks

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

In the past modifications of the frame haven't been allowed in stock classes which puts you in Unlimited, a tough neighborhood to play in.

You can always call and ask for a ruling before you pay to play. :)

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Stock means stock, except for sights and grip sleeves. If you modify the frame then you are required to shoot in Unlimited/Masters Category.

4. cgv69

cgv69

Thanks for the responses guys. I think it's a crock of you know what but that was the answer I was kind of expecting.

I mean really, modifying the frame does not give you any accuracy or reliability advantage, it just allows the shooter to have a glock that fit's their hand. I guess you could say that is an advantage but one anybody could do for little to no cost. No different then a grip sleeve or replacement sights IMO.

I guess I could call the local range and see what their take is on it? If they said no way, I feel its arguable call because the way I read the rules, there is nothing that specifically rules out modifying the frame on a stock class gun. It ain't worth that much hassle to me so if they say no, I'll just play some other game.

Thanks again

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Actually I don't believe you can use your modified frame in USPSA Production or IDPA SSP either. Neither allow external modifications other than sights if I understand the rules correctly. Maybe some of the guys that shoot those disciplines could help you. Good luck whatever you choose to shoot. :)

6. rledwards

rledwards Semper Fi

Fireglock is correct, a modified frame is not allowed in IDPA SSP division, but it would be allowed in ESP division.
    --Lin

7. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Given the attitude of the questioner.

8. cgv69

cgv69

Huh? ^8

9. ToddCrow

ToddCrow

No frame mods in USPSA Production. If you shoot Limited or Limited 10 you can grind on the frame all you want.

10. cgv69

cgv69

Thanks for the info re: USPSA but I do not know of any place by me that does USPSA competitions anyway. Even if I did, it would be no big deal because in that league, I wouldn't be limited to Glocks so I could just use a handgun that fits my hand without modifications.

More out of curiosity then anything else but do any of you know the reason or logic is behind no frame mods? Particularly as it relates to fitting the gun as opposed to something like beveling the mag well or adding weight?

Thanks

11. ToddCrow

ToddCrow

I would think that the powers that be do not want to decide what "is" and what "is not" a modification. Is removing some part of the frame and replacing it with a new part considered a modification? and so on. If you do not allow any mods then you don't have to make a huge list of "approved" mods.

Glocks hurt the base of my thumb, I'd love to change the shape of that area.