Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have owned my Glock 23 for 3 years and i just recently bought a used G32 2 months ago. i just started to mess with is and found the slde make a metal scraping noise, not bad but more then i felt comfortable with. i then opened the 23 and the 32 thinking they would be identical but no. The 32 has half as long metal inserts on the rear of the frame. My question is, is this just an older model and unfixable or can they be replaced?

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Your description of the perceived problem is insufficient, plus you avoid giving any useful information about when your G23 was actually made. (How long you have owned it is useless information.) It appears you say the G32 is Gen3, but what about the G23 and the first three characters of its serial?

Glock says that a G23 whose frame lacks frame rails and finger grooves should not be used with a .357SIG barrel if its serial is before CPU###. These would have been imported before March 1998. That implies a change in G23 frame construction just before that era that explains the differnces you briefly described.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.