Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been searching both Google and here looking for a comparison between the frame size of a G17 to the G37 and between the G21 and the G37. I own both the G17 and 21 but am seriously looking at selling my 21 and picking up a 37.

My question is are the frames the same size between the G17 and 37? I prefer the smaller circumference of the 17 vs my 21. Just looking to see if changing to the GAP is worth it to reduction in grip size.

I've held a 21SF and didn't feel much of a difference between that and my standard 21.

I'll be reloading either way and from what I've read my 45 dies will work with either ACP or GAP. So that's a mute point to me.
Thanks for any help and sorry if this is one of those questions that's already been beaten to death...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The G17 and G37 share the same frame.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I've been searching high and low and all I've found is articles and posts saying they are similar in size. I wonder now if I could find a complete G37 slide assembly, mags, and ejector housing to mate to my 17 frame? Now that would be cool...

·
Premium Member
22,835 Posts
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I've been searching high and low and all I've found is articles and posts saying they are similar in size. I wonder now if I could find a complete G37 slide assembly, mags, and ejector housing to mate to my 17 frame? Now that would be cool...
Do you think it would be cost effective? CDNN is selling G37s for $399, and I think they are new. :dunno:

·
NRA Member
2,412 Posts
pm sent.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Why? :dunno:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why? :dunno:
Well that is a good question. After looking at the CDNN link - I called and they have them in new stock for the price listed. It would make more sense to just buy another complete handgun for that price.

My original thought was to save a few bucks and buy the upper half and sell my 21. I really don't have a need for multiple handguns. I find that my 17 does all my competition shooting just fine so the real question is why do I even need a 45? My county in NY will not issue cc permits anyway. Sucks to live in NY real bad...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I just got off the phone with CDNN to place my order for the G37. The price is $399 for the pistol and it is in new condition with two 10 round mags. When I went to give him my FFL dealers address he informed me that his company couldn't ship any firearms to NY state. WOW am I pissed...

I will have to find a dealer in PA that has both NY and PA FFL licenses and go that route then. I really hate NY...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts