close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

frame bent?crooked?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by coonracing18, Dec 8, 2011.

1. coonracing18

coonracing18

this is going to be hard to explain but here goes:

when re-assembling after a field strip, when im replacing the slide after about half way down the frame...its almost like the frame of my 23 has got a curve in it if u will...if youre holding the gun normally and looking at it from the top the farther towards the barrel the farther it appears to go left...when i slide the slide back on it will actually stop before it gets to the trigger assembly area...with just a small amount of pressure it will slide back completely but its jsut like the slide and frame arent alingned if u will....anyone else have this problem, i cant imagine its normal? maybe its jsut me i dont know...as far as firing problems i had the normal ejection issues with the gen4 23 but after some dremmeling, everything has been fine since....thoughts?advice>?

2. madAB

madAB

Posting a picture would help.

3. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Yeah, you're gonna have to post pictures....and honestly it sounds like you're obsessing.

But, the basic question is does the pistol shoot well?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  4. TacticalTrunkMonkey

TacticalTrunkMonkey

Believe it or not Glock frames are meant to flex during firing. So a small amount of flex is ok. What did you dremmel?!!?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Adjuster

Adjuster

"after some dremmeling"

This is never a good indication.

/

6. coonracing18

coonracing18

i polished the extractor hinge as perviously stated with a dremmel....the slide dont fit on the frame like it should...that simple enough...ill post a picture later...obsessing? of what? that my gun may have a problem..jsut becasue it fires doesnt mean its right dude...but i forgot u guys know it all so forget i asked...

7. Copis

Copis

8. TacticalTrunkMonkey

TacticalTrunkMonkey

Sorry, when I became an armor that's what they told us......

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. AustinTx

AustinTx

Don't get up-tight about it, please. You will get your answer, it may take a little time. Like you said, "it is a little hard to describe", or to that effect.

10. CaptainXL

CaptainXL

Is it possible that the extractor is not fully seated? If the extractor is not fully and completely seated IT IS POSSIBLE to lock it in place when you release the safety plunger, however the safety plunger can and will extend further out of the bottom of the slide if the extractor is not fully seated or seated correctly.

With the striker safety plunger extending further out of the bottom (as outlined above) of the slide it will still be possible to put the slide on but the slide will go on difficultly.

I have had this problem on 2 different guns. Try this -- Disassemble and re-assemble the extractor & safety plunger being sure that the extractor is in and fully seated before releasing the safety pl;unger

11. coonracing18

coonracing18

yes sir ive tried that...jsut went to lunch but didnt get a picture late tonight i will have one posted...when the slide is off the frame, the first part that touches during reassembly are the two (silver) metal parts located on the frame about the same spot as the trigger guard...and there are 2 identical silver metal parts next to the trigger assemply...the slide goes on the first two metal pieces correctly but by the time it gets to the next two its off-line...like the frame is bent...the slide needs pressure applied from the right side to slide it over in order for it to continue backwards and lock on the frame...is that a little bit better explenation? lol..pics will def help i kno and like i said i will get them up tonight

12. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

The frame isn't bent, the arm of the trigger bar that engages the firing pin safety is pushing the slide to one side as the connector cam on the slide rides over that arm. My G27 does the same thing, my G23 doesn't curiously. But it's common with recent production Glocks.

13. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

So I took my Dremmel ....... is the start of some of the best gunsmithing horror stories.

14. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

That's a much better explanation. But, my original question still stands...how does it shoot? There are manufacturing tolerances, and perhaps your GLOCK frame is out of spec, perhaps it's not. Really, if it shoots well, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

15. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

BTDT
    try puling and holding the trigger back for re-assembly.

16. coonracing18

coonracing18

shoots fine....right now....but what if it is gradually hurting it..untill one day ....KABOOM? i dont know im just sayin...thats why i asked!

17. TacticalTrunkMonkey

TacticalTrunkMonkey

Take it to a certified Glock Armorer. With the locking block in place and the trigger spring housing in place (barring them being forced in place) the receiver should be square. If the locking block is damaged it could push it out....

18. AustinTx

AustinTx

It's beginning to sound like the magazine may be in the gun. Did you take it out, before reassembly?

19. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

The biggest question is does it shoot POA/POI... If so it is fine, shoot it and enjoy it. TXPO

20. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

I'm normally not a grammar Nazi,.....but WTF?!
    Did you NOT pass third grade?

Your Glock is fine,........leave the dremel in the garage!