close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FPJ in Critical Condition

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Alexii, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Actor Fernando Poe Jr in hospital

Updated 10:46am (Mla time) Dec 12, 2004
    By Christine Avendano, Lira Dalangin-Fernandez, Joel Francis Guinto
    Inquirer News Service, INQ7.net, GMA7

Get INQ7 breaking news on your Smart mobile phone in the Philippines. Send INQ7 BREAKING to 386.

(3RD UPDATE) ACTOR Fernando Poe Jr. is in hospital, GMA Network radio dzBB reported.
    Former senator Vicente Sotto III, a close friend of Poe, confirmed to Inquirer News Service that Poe was confined at the intensive care unit of St. Luke's Medical Center in Quezon City.

Quoting Poe’s attending physician, the dzBB radio report said Poe’s condition was critical.

Sotto told INQ7.net that Poe suffered a stroke, confirming earlier reports. He said Poe was going through a CT scan to determine if he has recovered.

"I'm with him now," he said.

“I received a text message this morning. It said he [Poe] had a stroke,” Rod Reyes, Poe's former media bureau chief during Poe's May presidential campaign, told INQ7.net.

Reyes refused to say who forwarded the mobile phone message to him.

At a press conference, portions of which were broadcast live on dzBB,
    Poe spokesperson Sorsogon Representative Francis Escudero said Poe was in a coma.

He said Poe was with him and Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay Saturday evening. At shortly past 11 p.m., Poe became nauseated and had to be brought to hospital, Escudero added.

Poe did not have a history of strokes, he said.

An associate of Poe, who asked not to be named, told Inquirer News Service that Poe's wife, Susan Roces, is with him.

Poe, the John Wayne of Philippine movies, ran as a presidential candidate in the May 2004 elections. He has kept a low profile since then after protesting that he was cheated of victory in the elections.

Originally posted at 9:27 AM, updated at 10:20 AM and 9:50 AM

2. New_comer

New_comer

I did not vote for him, but I like his films. I remember growing up wanting to be like him: to fight with swords, fire revolvers with no reloads, and punch away at bad guys with the speed of a professional typist.

He may be taking his loss in the elections too hard. That kind of hurt eats away a little at a time. Hope he gets well soon.

3. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Have seen on TV that one FPJ supporter is blaming GMA for FPJ's stroke. What does this mean , she poisoned him or something like what happened to the Ukrainian presidential challenger?

We shall see truly ridiculous comments in the days to come. If he dies, it will be blamed on GMA.

4. Tacblack

Tacblack Shoot First

bwa ha ha !!!!!!

5. New_comer

New_comer

6. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

So did he pull out his trademark 1911 and ask the Doc: "Ilang deposito ang gusto mo?"

7. chipglock

chipglock

LOL true true

we live in a country where everything that happens is blamed on the encumbent president. I even overheard some people saying "noong si erap pa presidente, umulan nga ng malakas pero di naman bumaha ng ganon a..."
    post hoc ergo propter hoc :p

8. JuDGe

JuDGe

FPJ passed away at 12:01am, Dec 14

May he rest in peace......

9. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Running for the Presidency proved to be his undoing, he was living a quiet relatively peaceful and stress free life beforehand. I didn't much care for his candidacy but I did look forward to his movies as a child and loved watching re-runs on TV. He reportedly owns one of the most extensive firearms collection in these parts and whether we like him or not he shares our passion for firearms too, so he's one of us. May he rest in peace.

10. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

S.L.N. F.P.J.

11. New_comer

New_comer

... and also left this world in like manner: quietly, relatively peacefully and stress-free. In a way, I am thankful he went away the way he did. It would be truly tragic had he been left in a paralyzed or vegetative state. He didn't deserve that.

Blame this on Erap, Tito, F. Pangilinan, Binay, et al. Nananahimik na si FPJ, binulabog pa. Napadali tuloy... :soap:

R.I.P. ;w

12. bulm540

bulm540

At least he didn't suffer that much. May he rest in peace.

13. riddler

riddler

Considering all factors, he is very lucky that he died like that. I have seen patients who survived massive strokes and it ain't pretty!

RIP Panday!

14. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Those who used him as a tool for their selfish purposes in life, will use him again in death. Look at those demonstrations now going on in front of the Batasan. Politicians suck.

15. bulm540

bulm540

16. julianz

julianz toxic master

;1 ;w Rest in Peace F.P.J.;w ;1

17. bagito

bagito tanod

"dapat na silang kalusin"-FPJ

18. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Did any of you guys catch the eulogies delivered by FPJs friends earlier today at Sto. Domingo? I was sound asleep when this was happening, but my wife, who was watching the news at the time, said that some of the things they said made her very nervous as they were bordering on seditious content.

I just hope everything is okay with you guys there in Manila.

19. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Hell yeah, especially the poem recited by film director Joel Lamangan and the one delivered by Erap.

The event today has all the ingredients of another people power (not again!!):

1. Rallying cause
    2. Critical mass
    3. Traditional politicians who would manipulate ingredient no 2
    4. TV coverage
    5. A very unpopular president ( who is now singing "Stand by Me" to the AFP)

20. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

This might sound cruel, but for those of us who invest in the stockmarket, any of these EDSA I/II/III -type major riots are excellent buying opportunities as the stock market usually panic-drops for a few days and then recovers. Much of the trading in the local market is by foreigners and they get spooked easily. So buy when there is a panic (the Oakwood mutiny, any of these EDSA-type disturbances etc.) and sell after the disturbance is over.

But, maybe today's FPJ funeral march won't affect the stock market too much. A lot of talk , no action. As of this time.