Foxy After-Market Parts VS. GLOCK OME>???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ULVER, Jun 17, 2007.

1. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

Just curious...

One sure can spend a lot, to deck out a Glock with all kind of bells & whistles.

When it comes to everyday carry, that you bet your butt on, do they really make a Glock a better self-defence tool?

I expect Glock to be opinionated on the matter, and they were. On a recent visit, aside from choosing sights that make me personally happy (XS Big Dot), they said stick with factory parts, if the gun was for daily defence carry.

I know with cars, MANY folks go for aftermarket exhausts, plugs, fluids, filters, blah, blah... Yet, others swear by OME designed products.

GLOCK just re-built my carry 17, literally from the ground up. Of course, with their parts.

If they ALL were from a Lone Wolf catalog, would it be any more likely to go BANG! when I pull the trigger, or just go BANG! with a lot more flavor???

Thanks for any thoughts.......:)

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

For a self defense gun put a set of sights to your liking and stick STOCK. None of the other after market items make it any better for self defense. :thumbsup:

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I've tried most parts but always return to stock Glock. My only exception is my G24C race gun, which has a 13# recoil spring, tungsten guide rod, Seattle Slug, Carver mount and C-More red dot scope. It is used for unlimited competition and as a house pistol. My G19, G26, G37 and G38 Glocks used in competition are stock except for AmeriGlo sights.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I have put a few after-market parts on my Glocks...and I've taken them all off. I use 100% Glock (except for a mag well I put on my Glock 17 for a match last week, but that's temporary). What I've found is that, even though I really like customizin and tinkering, I can't improve on "Glock Perfection."