Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not talking about the prime time talking heads. I prefer FN to the alternatives, but seriously why give Smith a big new contract and show? He is unwatchable. Harris Faulkner is head and shoulders the best news person they have. It is not even close.

·
Glock Gimp
13,851 Posts
Instead of just reporting the news, Shepard Smith always has to throw in his opinions.

·
Glock Gimp
13,851 Posts

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I like Shep, he's not scripted and says it when it happens (like that guy that shot him self on live TV). And he's light and funny when it's appropriate IMHO. There's always CNN if you're interested.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that contracts there have to do with how many people watch and advertising revenues. Entertainment and revenue. Not much different than most any other network, just a different political view to the entertainment.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that contracts there have to do with how many people watch and advertising revenues. Entertainment and revenue. Not much different than most any other network, just a different political view to the entertainment.
You stated the obvious, and hit it on the nail.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I like Shep, he's not scripted and says it when it happens (like that guy that shot him self on live TV). And he's light and funny when it's appropriate IMHO. There's always CNN if you're interested.
I completely agree with you.

·
Registered
44,175 Posts
Agreed. I want the news, not entertainment and opinions. Especially when the slant is so bad you have to suspend logic to follow along. CNN is just as bad, if not worse, the other direction. I can't watch either. BBC America is pretty good and Al Hajizeera seems pretty good so far. Time will tell. I don't need a show that agrees or disagrees with me, just the facts Jack!

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
You stated the obvious, and hit it on the nail.
Thanks. Even my third grade teacher said I had an excellent grasp of the obvious. :supergrin:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Agreed. I want the news, not entertainment and opinions. Especially when the slant is so bad you have to suspend logic to follow along. CNN is just as bad, if not worse, the other direction. I can't watch either. BBC America is pretty good and Al Hajizeera seems pretty good so far. Time will tell. I don't need a show that agrees or disagrees with me, just the facts Jack!
With my low post count and at the risk of being flambeyed, Al Jazeera America is pretty good and down the middle (except for one slanted expose' of the horrors concerning Australians killing camels). I do enjoy Fox as a kinda news magazine though. They have the best production value in the industry IMO.

·
Liberal Bane
20,358 Posts
Harris Faulkner is head and shoulders the best news person they have. It is not even close.
100% correct.

Why anyone would give Mr. Smith a job reading the news, is beyond me.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I like Shep's sense of humor.
He may not be a hardcore conservative,
but hey, Fox is fair and balanced. :supergrin:

·
Liberal Bane
20,358 Posts
I like Shep's sense of humor.
He may not be a hardcore conservative,
but hey, Fox is fair and balanced. :supergrin:
I've never encountered his sense of humor. I must have been distracted by the nonsense coming out of his mouth.

:dunno:

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I love Shep! What I DON'T get, is Huckabee's Jesus revival / lame talent show!?! It's like watching HeeHaw.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts