Fox Is Poised to Spend up to $2 Billion to Keep Sunday Football

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RJ Schuknecht, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

They are really overpaying. A lot of us no longer watch NFL due to the BS of them kneeling and supporting BLM, and even putting criminal's names on their gear. I still watched them after they started kneeling, although some of my friends stopped. Now my household won't watch any NFL due to the BLM and criminal's names going on their gear. Even if they stopped doing that stuff today, we're done with the NFL. Let's just hope the college ball doesn't go the same route, and there's still UFC!

Glock1963 likes this.
  2. sarge83

sarge83

I had to call Directv yesterday about my bill and the guy I spoke with and I were talking while the computer was updating and out of the blue he told me he had done nothing but NFL package refunds all week, it was staggering the number of cancellations. Go ahead Fox, a fool and his money are soon parted...

narkcop128 likes this.

3. racerford

racerford

Maybe there is confusion, and what is meant is that they are selling the rights to the season tickets. Different places have different rules. Some allow that, others don't. If that is what he is talking about, that could indicate disgust with the whole thing, or that they just want the money while it may still have value or both.

4. Lazy R

Lazy R

I think when you have a season ticket, you hold it for life and pay to renew each year, something like that.

5. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam
    In the cases in familiar with like my season hockey tickets, season ticket holders were given first chance to renew season tickets, and had first dibs at buying non returning season ticket holders tickets.

But I couldn’t sell you my season ticket holder seats and transfer the tickets to your name. I could sell you all the tickets for the rest of the season, but that didn’t allow you to jump the line and become a season ticket holder automatically by buying me out.

Deanster and RJ Schuknecht like this.
  6. ray9898

ray9898

I know GT would make you think no one is watching football anymore but that isn't the case in the real world. This year, even with the craziness, is only down 10-15%. That is a little greater than the trend over the past few years with people cutting the cord but they still make up a portion of that with increases on streaming based platforms.

That leaves the actual decline in viewership in single digits. Sure, that is a lot of fans but it still leaves 10's of millions and a revenue of multiple billions.

HarlemKnight and czsmithGT like this.
  7. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Dang Dollar just shrinks smaller and smaller don't it? $2 Billion ain't what it used to be I tell ya...

Drain Bamage Rewarded FTW! GoFOXGo

No masks on MNF coaches brings 2 penalty flags (post game review) and $700,000.00 (small dollars remember) in ducats lost to cure that penalty thus making the ensuing play covid free & fair for all. So, they got THAT going for them... which is nice. (next game they promise to mask up? haha) AND... the piped in Crowd noises...? had me totally fooled!

See it? The Farce? Is your beer cheaper at home? You quit drinking beer too?!?!

That drain bamage acting up again. It's everywhere...

Oh for the good old days of Frank, Dandy Don and HowWahd KoSell w/ Don getting hammered in the booth while Gifford and Cosell played the straight men... uh... on second thought... turn out the lights... the party's ove

Good for Fox. #CTEmatters? naaaaaaaaah not really. unless it's your brain, er drain bamaged

8. RJ Schuknecht

RJ Schuknecht

AK_Stick has it correct. You can renew each year. You can't sell your rights to the tickets to someone else.

9. pugman

pugman

It won't matter.

Fox spends $2 billion to keep the NFL. They in turn charge more to advertisers to run commericals who in turn add it to their advertising budget which in turn comes out of the cost of goods they sell.

So unless you stop purchasing anything advertised on Fox you are supporting the NFL to some degree.

Until viewership drops to the point companies say advertising is no longer worth it the NFL will survive.

10. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Here’s the deal. I much prefer NACC football. But when there is a standout in one of the college teams I follow, I like to watch him going forward in the NFL. I ignore the pre-game stuff and tune in for the game itself. Face it, if we boycott everything that offends us, there wouldn’t be much left. Entertainers (and I have always considered pro athletes to be entertainers) have always leaned left. I accept that, what I do not accept is bringing politics into football or any game.

11. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

12. Toocool45

Toocool45

They don't need to spend that for me. Cause me and Vin Scully quit watching when the kneel down hit. Dont watch it dont care. Used to love watching football. No more.

13. Jonesee

Jonesee

Nascar is dying much faster than the NFL.

Deanster likes this.
  14. Lazy R

Lazy R

TRANSFERRING OF PACKERS SEASON TICKETS

Season tickets can be transferred to the below qualifying heirs and transferees upon the season ticket holder's notarized authorization on our official transfer form. Transfers are processed at the completion of the football season up to May 1. Transfer requests made after May 1 will be retained on file for processing the following year. Should you wish to transfer your tickets upon death, a completed transfer form can be left with your will to be presented after your passing. To obtain a copy of the transfer form, please contact the ticket office or download a printable PDF version of the transfer form.

Packers Season Ticket Transfer Form [PDF]

OFFICIAL POLICY ON TRANSFER OF PACKERS SEASON TICKETS:

We will honor a request for transfer as follows:

1. Upon death of ticket holder
    2. To surviving spouse; or if no spouse, the surviving children of a deceased ticket holder without authorization. (If children do not agree, the tickets shall revert to the Green Bay Packers.
    3. If direction by deceased under will or specific writing to family devisees defined in (2) but not to devisees who are not defined in (2), even with direction.
    2. To family, defined as, spouse and "blood" relatives who are not more than first cousins, on direction of ticket holder in writing during his or her life-time. (Excludes, for example, transfer to friends.)

3. Transfer of business-owned tickets to primary owners or officers of the business by written direction and acquiescence of other primary owners (if any).

• On voluntary dissolution to owners of closely held corporations with corporate resolution established by affidavit or documentation.
    • On involuntary dissolution, tickets revert to the Green Bay Packers. (Trustees or Receivers to have no claim of right.)
    4. Upon divorce or separation, we will honor a stipulation authorizing retention or transfer of tickets to one or both of the parties. Without stipulation or agreement, the tickets shall revert to the Green Bay Packers who shall have the right to divide the tickets between the parties.

5. The Green Bay Packers remain committed to the many fans on the Season Ticket Waiting List. For this reason, the Packers strictly prohibit any transfer of season tickets except in the limited circumstances outlined above. Any unauthorized transfer of season tickets, or any attempt to circumvent the Official Policy on Transfer of Packers Season Tickets, will result in a violation of the Season Ticket Holder Policy, which may result in the revocation of season tickets and season ticket holder privileges.

Deanster likes this.
  15. RJ Schuknecht

RJ Schuknecht

Yes, those are transfers to family members. You can not sell them to just anyone.

16. Rokitt

Rokitt

A very common practice here by season ticket holders is to sell the entire seasons worth of tickets to a person. You do this before the season starts. You find a buyer the buyer agrees to pay whatever $ amount you asked for. When you get the notice you can buy your season tickets you then take the money buy the tickets and when they come in you give the whole pack to your buyer for the $ agreed on.

17. RJ Schuknecht

RJ Schuknecht

That is selling tickets on the second hand market. That is not selling your ticket account to another individual.

18. IndyExit

IndyExit

19. bill123

bill123

I think these companies believe that supporting BLM will pay off in the long term with access to China's markets. I think that China owns the Democrats and probably most Republicans