1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Humans are the apex of the food chain. So high in fact, our will can dictate nature in many cases. Case in point. So this kept some first responders from sitting in a median sharing memes for an hour maybe (waste of resources?) I highly doubt any curmudgeonly ol bastards scoffing at this, on their death bed, will reflect on this and wish the fox got this meal. Get over it and try to enjoy the feelgood.

·
Registered
43,633 Posts
While dumb, I can't imagine what the PD would have to hear if they didn't intervene.

·
Premium Member
26,296 Posts
Did it find its mother? That’s the kind of thing you just say. Little cuss. Might need 2 yrs to be worth it.
Personally I rather doubt it survived a week.
I get upset when they do surgery, make a huge production out of taking care of a wounded animal. Heck last I heard in national parks helping wildlife gets you fined.

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
While dumb, I can't imagine what the PD would have to hear if they didn't intervene.
My daughter was a vet tech. She saw this all the time. One animal chewed up by another. Cops should have just shot it but the citizen taking video usually prevented it. So a half dead animal ends up at the clinic where It is put down and disposed of at the clinics expense. Then they want the predator hunted down.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,097 Posts
what a way to be greeted by the world.
A newborn fawn learned to walk in our building's driveway early one morning, while tired old mom rested on the patio. She was too beat to get up and look after the kid for a little while. Cops happened to come by, saw mom limping away (she'd broke her one leg years ago) with afterbirth? hanging. They thought they might have to shoot her until I explained. She was a survivor.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
I did not get the impression they were called to it, just ran across it and helped it. Then they made a feel good story about it. I thought I got worked up over crap, you guys need to lighten up a bit.

·
King Doofus.
5,976 Posts
Ok, the fox isn't an invasive species and the deer is far from being endangered, so wtf is the problem with the fox noshing on the fawn?
Predators pick off the weak and keep prey from overpopulating so the "saviors" are doing more harm than good by interfering.
Reminds me of the people who hoard animals because "they love them". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
People tend to cheer for the underdog what the **** is wrong with you people.
Think about it, now in a few years a lucky hunter can harvest a nice buck, you fox cheerleaders ever eat fox?
Win win situation son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Formerly retired EE.
14,040 Posts

·
Registered
11,230 Posts
Reminds me of an incident a few years ago. I was making the first pass cutting hay in a field grown tall with hay. Of course I couldn't see the ground at all, due to the tall hay growth.

I felt the tractor go thump/thump, and heard a loud squeal. My first thought was a bearing was going out on the tractor or haybine. I looked back and there was a fawn that I had just ran over with both wheels of the big tractor.

It was all broke up, but still alive. No way I was going to take it to a vet. I just pulled my pistol and shot it.

A few cutting passes later, I saw its twin in time to stop the tractor. I got off and moved the twin out of the way. I lost track of it after that as I mowed around the large field, but I'm pretty sure its mother found it. Stuff happens on the farm.

I also conditioned a turkey with the haybine one day. Big cloud of feathers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts