Foward this

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Carolina Drifter, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

Forward this:

Show this to your non-believing friends.

BE SURE TO VOTE IN 2010 ! LETS CLEAN HOUSE !

GRRRRRRRRRR.....!

I'm MAD AND YOU WILL BE TOO!

1. Your U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves
    $4,700 and $5,300 raises.

They voted to not give you a S.S. cost of living raise in

2010 and 2011.

2. Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and you will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr. Your total 2-yr loss and cost is -$1,600 or - $3,200 for husband and wife .

3. Over 2-yrs The House & Senate each get $10,000 raises .

4. Do you feel SCREWED?

5. WILL your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food,

etc., increase? You better believe they will!

WILL THEIRS...NO WAY . They have a raise and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past.

You're obviously too stupid or don't care. No offense; just making a point!

6. Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris , Charlie,Barnie, et al, care about you?

SEND THE MESSAGE-- You're FIRED.

IN 2010 YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET RID OF THE SITTING CONGRESS AND Up to 1/3 OF THE SENATE,

AND 100% OF THE HOUSE.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE STILL MAD IN NOVEMBER 2010 AND TELL THEIR REPLACEMENTS NOT TO SCREW UP.

It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse. Maybe it's time for the........
    Amendment 28

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United
    States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives,
    and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or
    Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the
    United States ."

Let's get this passed around, folks - these people in Washington have brought this upon themselves!!! It's time for retribution. Let's take back America .

If you don't forward this to all your friends you're just part of the problem of national apathy.

IT'S TIME!!!!!!!

JUST DO IT!

2. mymini40

mymini40

Im with you 100 %.

3. Adjuster

Adjuster

I don't see the problem. If I could vote myself a raise,,,, well the response is obvious.

4. JohnnyK221

JohnnyK221

The Social Security COLA and the Retired Military COLA are both determined by the Consumer Price Index (as required by law, which congress passed many years ago). They DO NOT vote on these COLAs. They did decide not to change the law so a COLA could be given, but that was a bipartisan decision.

And before the flamers start, I am NOT a democrat or a supporter of the congress.

5. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

I'm not on SS but I'd bet the people that are could have used a raise to help pay for food, medicine and heat.

6. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

The problem is they work for us, we are the employer so therefore any pay raises are supposed to be approved by the boss... which is us. Now do you see the problem?:upeyes:

7. goatranch

goatranch

Something will have to happen in this country. We sit by and let OUR gov do whatever it wants to do. THEY have not worked for us in years. They get elected and do their own thing. We soon forget and keep doing it.

We let them spend billions we don't have, go on with 'their' agenda while we pay the high price of 'their' screw ups and unchecked stupidity. WE get the high interest loans, WE get the high cost of food, WE get the crappy job market, no health care we can afford. We myself included are idiots for letting this happen.

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  9. Adjuster

Adjuster

Last time I got a speeding ticket I tried that, didn't work. I made it clear to the officer I paid his salary. Cost me $275.00. :rant::rant:

10. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

And if you do forward you aren't to get anyone who wasn't going to the polls already to do so. You do get the added benefit of making many people on your E-mail list roll their eyes at you while you contribute to "the problem of unwanted chain E-mails" in the nation though.

This is a common misconception. Politicians don't "work for us" instead they "represent most of us at our behest."

We can withdraw our support for a politician and work to get people to do the same and vote for someone who more closely represents your particular worldview but, make no mistake, they do not "work for" us, the people. It was never supposed to be "a government comprised of employees to the people" it's "a government of, by and for the people."

Comprised of the people who vote, put in a place of representation by the people with the most votes, working towards national goals for the people they represent.

Which is, consequently, why we live in a republic, not a democracy.

I'm all for withdrawing support for representatives who don't share your worldview and backing someone who does but, you aren't firing anyone.

11. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

I know people on SS that will because of a power bill raise ($10-13 a month) and everything else going up in price here in SC that will have to make a choice of less heat and more medicine or vice-versa because of no COLA. I wonder how they feel about their rep's getting $4700-5400.

12. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member